What do ya all think of this?
09-29-2017, (Subject: What do ya all think of this? ) 
What do ya all think of this?
I had a 2006 duramax with this from a guy in Idaho seemed good little smoke on higher hp though. Now it's offered for cummins pickups never experienced that and big truck too now?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
09-29-2017, (Subject: What do ya all think of this? ) 
RE: What do ya all think of this?
Interesting. I wonder if it's like a car where it has auto VE correction and makes alot of calculations for you?

Wait. I'll answer my own question. Probably not. Look at it. Probably let's you scan for data, maybe change a few parameters. Somehow I doubt it can compare to calterm and I bet you can swap cals with it either.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
09-30-2017, (Subject: What do ya all think of this? ) 
I would ask Unilever for his opinion. He can tune a Dodge.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hetdiesel
I'm not too familiar with the pickups I have a 2016 dodge and what I read efi live seems to be what everyone uses . Can cummins cal and insite work with these trucks with a adapter or do I need Chrysler software? I know the automatic needs to be tuned also on these truck so not sure how all that works neither
replyreply
(09-30-2017 )Hetdiesel Wrote:  I'm not too familiar with the pickups I have a 2016 dodge and what I read efi live seems to be what everyone uses . Can cummins cal and insite work with these trucks with a adapter or do I need Chrysler software? I know the automatic needs to be tuned also on these truck so not sure how all that works neither

I know that's what my brotherinlaw used on his powerstoke and liked it . I got him in to a little programming for the bigger cummins and he did a little research and hates it now . He finds he can't take off nice and easy it's nothing then everything . I know there are different tunes out there but he has not found a decent one yet . But then again he bought a powerstoke lol. I told him to got a hold of someone on here and he has been dragging his feet .

I have a 2015 6.7 and I am very interested in playing with it next spring , I would like to know if my stuff now would work on it or not . I already know who I am going to beg to do it , lol

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
I don't want it hopped up , mmmmm just a little like my 871 haha

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Stupid computer , or me , whichever

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
10-04-2017, (Subject: What do ya all think of this? ) 
ok heres my opinion, im full of shi#t so take it for what its worth though.

EFI live is a good program run by very smart people who do a decent job. IT IS A TUNING TOOL, NOT A TUNE ITSELF. all efi live allows you to do is pull and edit a file and put it back in. IT WILL DO NOTHING BUT POWER/TIMING. it will not touch one emmissions thing or anything even close to it. they got there hands slapped by mr epa on that thing. If you prefer such butchery you could run a box tuner to delete it and then pull a efi live read and un f$%k the file as best you can. its a way but its like kissing your sister.....

EFI live is duramax stuff through and through. it has support for the dodges as of recent but it is nowhere near as good for them as duramax's. no matter what they tell you it does not work well for anything else.

EFI relies on the end user to do the tuning and buy licenses from them. its 100 a vin and you can write as many times to that vin. The end user tuning has spawned companies to come up with their own tunes and sell them to people so the average guy does not have to tune their own pickup/engine. this is both good and bad as there are some really great tunes by really great people out there but there are also shi#t ones by really bad people. take it for what its worth. do your own research.

the software interface is decent and has somewhat limited 3d mapping and is generally user friendly. flashing and reading is easy and EFI have original backups if you f$%k it up.

Do i use it? sometimes for certain things. sometimes i use other things aswell though.

that pic is Leigh from Krazy on highways. he is a well known failure at life and i strongly discourage anyone from going anywhere near him. if you dont believe me look up his history and why he is where he is. On another forum he had the username "alligator"

P.S - a He451ve off a mid tier 2250 is a awsome turbo for a 6.7, just saying.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
10-05-2017, (Subject: What do ya all think of this? ) 
(10-04-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  ok heres my opinion, im full of shi#t so take it for what its worth though.

EFI live is a good program run by very smart people who do a decent job. IT IS A TUNING TOOL, NOT A TUNE ITSELF. all efi live allows you to do is pull and edit a file and put it back in. IT WILL DO NOTHING BUT POWER/TIMING. it will not touch one emmissions thing or anything even close to it. they got there hands slapped by mr epa on that thing. If you prefer such butchery you could run a box tuner to delete it and then pull a efi live read and un f$%k the file as best you can. its a way but its like kissing your sister.....

EFI live is duramax stuff through and through. it has support for the dodges as of recent but it is nowhere near as good for them as duramax's. no matter what they tell you it does not work well for anything else.

EFI relies on the end user to do the tuning and buy licenses from them. its 100 a vin and you can write as many times to that vin. The end user tuning has spawned companies to come up with their own tunes and sell them to people so the average guy does not have to tune their own pickup/engine. this is both good and bad as there are some really great tunes by really great people out there but there are also shi#t ones by really bad people. take it for what its worth. do your own research.

the software interface is decent and has somewhat limited 3d mapping and is generally user friendly. flashing and reading is easy and EFI have original backups if you f$%k it up.

Do i use it? sometimes for certain things. sometimes i use other things aswell though.

that pic is Leigh from Krazy on highways. he is a well known failure at life and i strongly discourage anyone from going anywhere near him. if you dont believe me look up his history and why he is where he is. On another forum he had the username "alligator"

P.S - a He451ve off a mid tier 2250 is a awsome turbo for a 6.7, just saying.

He appears to have a helluva market at least. Never heard of KOH till this post.
It's funny that a 451 feeds a 6.7 well, yet its supposed to be proper for a 15 liter too. Geesh
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.