Cascadia Block Heater
10-01-2017, (Subject: Cascadia Block Heater ) 
Cascadia Block Heater
Good Morning. Recently joined and this is my first post/question. I have a 2012 Freightliner Cascadia with a isx cummins 400st. There is no engine block heater. At least I see no outside receptacle. Where can I purchase one for my truck? Is it plug and play or do you have to cut and splice wires to install? Any and all information on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
replyreply
RE: Cascadia Block Heater
Same issue here with my ISX. I called around and was told that Cummins, nor International have a block heater for my particular 600hp CM-871. I thought that was BS, but every place I called said they do not make one? Huh?

I found this, but know clue if it will work on your particular motor, which I would assume is a CM-2250? This looks like one for the CM-870 and 871... But, not for sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Block-Hea...0765629892

There are also power cords of different lengths too, plug and play...

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_...ock+heater
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JEM Xpress
Somethng like this also comes to mind...
https://amzn.to/2LgznaR

I think they make some of them magnetic so that you can take them on/off.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
If you can't plug it in try a Webasto diesel heater. I have one as where i park has nowhere to plug into. and it work's pretty well,have a timer on it so i can warm the truck up before i leave. "if i remember to set it" most time's i just go over and start it up a few hr's before i go.
but it does not warm up the oil ,but most block heaters don't do that ether.:(
I think the elec. mat deal that Rawze posted would work great for warming the oil...but i got nowhere to plug into :(
replyreply
There's nothing like a webasto heater , easy to install and uses next to nothing for power or fuel especially if it don't get that cold there. When I install mine I don't put that 300$ piece of shi#t timer in .I just hook up to a toogle switch. When we hauled gravel we would just leave them run because we never know which truck they would need . Every 3 days if we dint fire the truck up then we would . They'd fire up like it was a hot summers day .even 3 days later. Even at -40 c .On my truck when I park the heater goes on and runs all night . I think even if it save a little wear and take on the motor it's worth it . I don't believe when it's real cold that in 2 hrs it has the whole motor warm . I could be wrong but I think the less heating/ cooling cycles it goes though the better aslo. Especially our tropic winters , lol

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
I am actally taking my genset off and going to a poor man setup
Dual webasto heaters and a little gas Jenny , then next summer a roof mounted a/ c

replyreply
I appreciate all the replies. Was on the road all day thats what took me so long to reply back. Ok. I have a Webasto heater in the bunk. All I do is turn the temp dial where I want the heat and it fires up. So what do I look for in order to tell if it is heating the engine as well? Im not used to all this newer stuff!! Lol. My last truck was a KW T2000. In the winter time I had a propane tank from a gas grill and a Mr Buddy heater from Tractor Supply for heat at night. Work pretty good though. Make sure to crack windows to let air circulate.
replyreply
10-02-2017, (Subject: Cascadia Block Heater ) 
(10-01-2017 )JEM Xpress Wrote:  I appreciate all the replies. Was on the road all day thats what took me so long to reply back. Ok. I have a Webasto heater in the bunk. All I do is turn the temp dial where I want the heat and it fires up. So what do I look for in order to tell if it is heating the engine as well? Im not used to all this newer stuff!! Lol. My last truck was a KW T2000. In the winter time I had a propane tank from a gas grill and a Mr Buddy heater from Tractor Supply for heat at night. Work pretty good though. Make sure to crack windows to let air circulate.

They are separate units , north of the boader there around 800-900 $ , money while spent .
Just tie in or run a second set of heater lines , wire to battery's ,wire in a toogle switch , run the fuel line and presto . Sounds a lot harder then it is .

https://www.iandmelectric.com/products/w...er-12-volt
These what I Use there great , keep in mind that's Canada $ and you can get them cheaper
It keeps the truck around 150 all night , even when it's real cold . Like I said don't buy the timer( unless you have no other choice ) put it on a toogle switch . Key goes on , toogle gets shut off, Key goes off , toogle gets turned on , that's how I run them in my trucks

replyreply
 Thanks given by: JEM Xpress , Toolguy
10-02-2017, (Subject: Cascadia Block Heater ) 
In Canada here most block heaters for big rigs are close to 1,500 watts, or maybe 1,200. A lot of trucks, last three I had, also have an oil pan heater ( about 150 watts ) tied into the same plug.
I bought a new 1998 Century from a Vancouver. It had a plug that I assumed was a block heater. First time it was really cold the truck wouldn't turn over. Turned out it only had the oil pan heater. Fine for Vancouver weather, but not enough for -30 in Alberta. I had the dealer install the block heater after that. Wasn't too much money.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JEM Xpress , Rawze , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.