Swapping transmissions
10-02-2017, (Subject: Swapping transmissions ) 
RE: Swapping transmissions
I agree with link. B train truck. That's how my autoshift acts and mine is a super b spec truck.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I think your the first , hahaha

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
(10-02-2017 )Signature620 Wrote:  You can change the shift point calibration if you have Service Ranger software. Unfortunately though, you have to just do it by trial and error because in my experience, there's no explanation of the differences between all the choices.
Yeh, I've got service ranger and I've found a better shift configuration but it reverts back to the original settings when the key is cycled. I'll get it figured out eventually.
replyreply
(10-02-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  I don't know what kind of crack-pipe dope people are smoking when they came up with the theory of an autoshit tranny making better fuel mileage,.. but they are dead wrong when comparing it to a decent driver.

(10-02-2017 )the missing link Wrote:  It's kinda like driving a ....... Oh yeah a truck

And therein lies the root of the issue...
Nobody wants to be good at what they do anymore!
Being good at what you do requires effort, and that's just too much like work.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , hhow55 , gatow900
10-07-2017, (Subject: Swapping transmissions ) 
Well, I like my auto shift, and not because I can’t command a manual. I have had plenty of seat time with manuals as well. But the auto shift, with the clutch, mind you not the clutchless crap, gives me the best of both worlds. I have the control of the clutch when backing or in tight maneuvers, the freedom to shift by wire even skip gears whenever I want in manual mode, and when I don’t want to worry about it, or need extra attention like pulling an OD load in a tight area, I put it in auto and forget about it.
The auto shift, with the clutch, is a basic manual trans with a simple X/Y motor adapter setting on top controlling the stick and an ECU on the side. I would think it would be a very simple swap from or to a manual. You wouldn’t even need the dash display just by the paddle with the gear display on it. You would have one cable to route into the truck from the trans ECU for the paddle, and the clutch linkage, etc, should all remain the same. You would also have to buy a new OEM harness to the Engine ECM, and change engine ECU transmission type to “auto with clutch” with Insite.
The Ultrashift would be a different story, but that’s a whole different animal, with an electromagnet array controlling clutch acctuations. I guess we all have our line, and not having a clutch would be where I draw mine.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
10-07-2017, (Subject: Swapping transmissions ) 
Auto transmissions may be beneficial in certain instances, but it's more complicated as well. A manual trans is more simple. Simple=less to break=less to fix=less potential downtime, frustration and cost. I'll stick with my 13 speed, that's a decent all around trans right there.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , hhow55
10-08-2017, (Subject: Swapping transmissions ) 
Yes love a 13 also good all around tranny.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
10-16-2017, (Subject: Swapping transmissions ) 
(10-02-2017 )Ragindirt Wrote:  Wow... I wanted a 13 or 15 to replace a 10 in my t800. With core return and shaft shortening it was going to run me 5900.00 and some change ( not counting new clutch).
Did the math on fuel saving and it would have been about a 16 month pay out back in February.
Can't imagine what and auto would cost.

Where did you get that quote . I'm interested in something like that in the near future
replyreply
10-17-2017, (Subject: Swapping transmissions ) 
My local shop, I'll ask today where tranny was coming from and let you know. Want to say just the 13 ( what I opted for) was 4050.00, other cost was shorting shaft and labor (with me helping out).
All I can find is my cost vs fuel saving vs payout sheet. May be more now on labor because I pissed them off with an argument on deletes, and the fact is they are not worthy enough for me to tell them where I get my facts from.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.