DPF/EGR help!
10-13-2017, (Subject: DPF/EGR help! ) 
RE: DPF/EGR help!
So the engine is apart it has a cracked liner right at the very bottom at the thinnest part. Picture coming soon
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
01-21-2018, (Subject: DPF/EGR help! ) 
Seen cracked liners on stock DD15's with no deletes.... it happens. From my experience a overfueling injector usually burns the piston and wipes out the liner walls with it.

User's Signature: Detroit Diesel Expert Certified (DD13/DD15/DD16/S60/Aftertreatment EPA07/EPA10/GHG14)
Freightliner Expert Certified (Cascadia/M2)
Western Star Expert Certified
replyreply
(10-05-2017 )Brock Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 )Alaric34 Wrote:  Had both mandates tuned by shop on this site, my DD15 ran nice for two weeks, now I need piston! Im lost for words

If your truck was tuned by someone who knows what they are doing, then your problem isn't with the tune.

I see this so many times, trucks running like shi#t and having all sorts of mandate issues. Instead of fixing the issues, just demandate the engine..... but by that time, the engine's been running so poorly for so long that it's only a matter of time. Then they go and blame the guy who did the tuning because it must be his fault.......

I tried so hard to fix my problems and get my engine running proper but ended up demandating it. I didn't expect it to last because it had been running so bad for so long! I got lucky and it's still going but if it had blown........ I would have blamed myself and my mismanagement of my asset rather then the guy who tried to help me.

Yes have to agree with Brock, not the mandate if done right.
I'd give a left nut to get mine to someone for mm work. When I can; I will and probably go thru engine, but if I just did mm here I would be like Brock and hope for another 200 or 300k out of her.

If I do it at home and she gives up the ghost after tune, it would be all on the engine age/miles not the tune.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
(01-21-2018 )Ragindirt Wrote:  Yes have to agree with Brock, not the mandate if done right.
I'd give a left nut to get mine to someone for mm work. When I can; I will and probably go thru engine, but if I just did mm here I would be like Brock and hope for another 200 or 300k out of her.

If I do it at home and she gives up the ghost after tune, it would be all on the engine age/miles not the tune.

Mr. hag is not a bad option at all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.