Just left the dealership....
10-05-2017, (Subject: Just left the dealership.... ) 
Just left the dealership....
And believe me when I say that i dread going there. My 2010 cascadia with isx has been only tevving motor when regen, but not burning anything off
. A couple weeks ago my driver also said he had to regen everyday. So i checked into it. Ecu 128 sid 380. From what i was rreading along with the regen issues and 4.8mpg i was tearing my head out. I did the egr tune:changed the delta p, dozer,backpressure, amf so forth along with cleaning out venturi and couple other pipes along with the dpf itself. Everything was nasty. I had driver take truck to dealer on monday to reprogram due to removing dozer and they couldnt get a forced regen off. Told me my dpf and doc are cracked. Told me my turbo isnt getting upto speed nor is my aftertreatmrnt correct right now so im going to habe the check engine still on and will go into derate. They charged me 2400 for the b.s. they did chasing their tales and i still am s.o.l. Any ideas? I Have orderd brand new dpf and doc online for 2400 and will be installing this week. I cannot afford to just keep throwing parts at thses trucks. I just put a dpf in my prostar in may. Inherited other peoples lack of maintenance and i can only blame myself for not inspectibg better. Any ideas about the cascadi and the sid 380. Thx
replyreply
RE: Just left the dealership....
de-mandate em and be done with it,.. that or go out of buisness like i almost did.

jus sayin.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Hammerhead , Waterloo , Mrkentee , Jamescj212
(10-05-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  And believe me when I say that i dread going there. My 2010 cascadia with isx has been only tevving motor when regen, but not burning anything off
. A couple weeks ago my driver also said he had to regen everyday. So i checked into it. Ecu 128 sid 380. From what i was rreading along with the regen issues and 4.8mpg i was tearing my head out. I did the egr tune:changed the delta p, dozer,backpressure, amf so forth along with cleaning out venturi and couple other pipes along with the dpf itself. Everything was nasty. I had driver take truck to dealer on monday to reprogram due to removing dozer and they couldnt get a forced regen off. Told me my dpf and doc are cracked. Told me my turbo isnt getting upto speed nor is my aftertreatmrnt correct right now so im going to habe the check engine still on and will go into derate. They charged me 2400 for the b.s. they did chasing their tales and i still am s.o.l. Any ideas? I Have orderd brand new dpf and doc online for 2400 and will be installing this week. I cannot afford to just keep throwing parts at thses trucks. I just put a dpf in my prostar in may. Inherited other peoples lack of maintenance and i can only blame myself for not inspectibg better. Any ideas about the cascadi and the sid 380. Thx

I hope you ordered an oem doc and DPF, aftermarket parts are not good!!!!!!!

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamescj212 , Overdrive
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1020

Check this thread out

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamescj212
(10-05-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  [quote='Jamescj212' pid='19101' dateline='1507256328']
And believe me when I say that i dread going there. My 2010 cascadia with isx has been only tevving motor when regen, but not burning anything off
. A couple weeks ago my driver also said he had to regen everyday. So i checked into it. Ecu 128 sid 380. From what i was rreading along with the regen

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Doc yes and dpf no. Im broke and cannot justify it, but ill settle with being halfway i guess. Should i be able to just install those and my next regen the system reads the cracked stuff is out and back to good? Do you know?
replyreply
(10-05-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  Doc yes and dpf no. Im broke and cannot justify it, but ill settle with being halfway i guess. Should i be able to just install those and my next regen the system reads the cracked stuff is out and back to good? Do you know?

Nope, sorry.
After changing those parts you will need Insite to go into the ECM and do a "Maintenance Reset" to tell the ECM they have been changed or it will think they have been removed or broken and it WILL throw a CEL and it WILL derate!

BTW, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the deeper issues this may have caused are lurking in the background, and they won't be pretty when they show themselves.

You've opened Pandora's Box, and trying to get to the bottom of it is a waste of time, finances, and energy.
Take Cuya's advise, just demandated it and be done.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Old Driver , hhow55 , Jamescj212 , Overdrive
Demandate and go from there. Hopefully the damage is minimal. But, first do an EGR Tuneup! Than demandate.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Overdrive
In Post #5 your second pic shows an OEM Cummins part tag with # 2888249NX with a listed price of US$700.00
How Genuine or good do you think that will be?
I'll give you a hint, I have a quote right here with me from KW in Saskatoon, Canada with a DOC part number 2888248NX... Genuine OEM Cummins price CDN$5145.13
I'm pretty sure the one you've ordered is a knock off, the US-CDN exchange rate was about 32% at the time my quote was done. That would put it at US$3498.69 or about 5 times the price of the one you bought.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Jamescj212

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.