Just left the dealership....
10-07-2017, (Subject: Just left the dealership.... ) 
RE: Just left the dealership....
Ok. Kinda confused about running a wire up my wiper blade housing?
replyreply
10-07-2017, (Subject: Just left the dealership.... ) 
I'm with these guys in most parts. If it's related to a serious component, i.e. Engine, trans, doffs, OEM every time. If it's something that won't put me down on the side of the road I try to get the best deal possible. I've made out like a bandit on a wiper motor, air horn (got knocked off by a tire tread on the road), headlight assemblies, etc by buying aftermarket. But never will I buy anything related to the safe operation of my truck if it's not oem.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamescj212 , Rawze , Waterloo
10-08-2017, (Subject: Just left the dealership.... ) 
(10-07-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  Ok. Kinda confused about running a wire up my wiper blade housing?

Here is the post regarding the fire potential in the ProStar. The harness is the major issue.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1511

Here is the post regarding the Ambient Air Temp Sensor and where to place. The wire up to the windshield...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1711

I supplied the part numbers, my dealer has the parts in their normal stock.

This should get your AC working in that ProStar if the system is not contaminated or needs to be charged, rebuilt, etc.

Also, in your fuse block, right at the front is a 30 amp fuse or breaker, that is the one that controls your blower motor. Before you do anything, replace that breaker with a 30 amp normal old push in fuse and see if that does not get your AC working. These fuses and breakers will look ok, but in reality they are toast. Simple and cheap, start there.
replyreply
Damon, had a message typed but battery shut tablet down.

So make this one quick, after reading all these good post where would a center of US jayhawker take his t800 2010 cm871 to for a proper full blown tune. Would it be worth the trip south/east?
Turning wrenches is not an issue by no means, but done right my professional on here would be worth it to me in the long run.

I would need to buy insight, and re-read post again, watch videos, etc. Not an issue and in sight is needed, but a trip maybe quicker if I want to put her back to tanker yankin by the 1st.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
If I were you, take a trip to see Mr Hagg over by Atlanta. And I would still purchase the Inline 5 reader. That way, any issues that the mandate hid can be quickly diagnosed at his shop. Been there and done that.
replyreply
some1 posted version "V" of @m*m^2 on mega recently. looks conservative as far as settings go. maybe is safe settings for dealing with older motor? tha what it looks like to me anyway

btw there is no such thing as mm3. couple guys on other auto forums claiming they have for sale but is all fake. MM overlay has always been free.

seem like the guy in indianna tho is really slacking these days with bad copied tuning. seen 2 by them lately and they look bleek.

nothing better than having someone competent go the extra mile and test drive truck and make final adjsutments just to make sure. Gotta commend mr.hag and others for going the extra mile with that. it means a lot to see someone care.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
Mr hag have a shop name so I can contact them, or pm here?

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
10-09-2017, (Subject: Just left the dealership.... ) 
(10-07-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  Well for starters it probably was a good thing to get ripped a new one, im a little butt hurt but ill get over it. It was stuff i needed to hear without question. I cut corners wherever i usually can on new parts. I'm just starting my own wrenching as of the last 30 days, ive worked on my share of things over time, but vehicles really wasn't 1 of them. I'm a millright/certified welder by trade. Working with my hands and back is not foreign to me. Also i do feel very lucky at that point to have stumbled upon this site and on youtube last month. And ever since ive started implementing a preventative maintenance program that was not in place. I'm definitely scared about doing it, not skeptical anymore about the results you all seem to have gotten. Its all appreciated.

If you're a millwright/welder you've got a leg up right off the bat. Millrights are generally really good at being a "Jack of all trades" because they have such a variety of things to maintain and repair.
I used to be terrified of this stupid truck before too. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but all these actuators, sensors, wires, ECM bullshit intimidated me to no end. Finding this site really boosted my confidence, and made me realize at the end of the day it's still just an internal combustion engine. Rather than levers, plungers, adjuster screws, n such it has a servo or actuator controlling the function, but it still functions the same damn way! It's just controlled differently. It's actually controlled better because most functions have feedback sensors telling the ECM exactly where things are, so precision control is not only better, it's easier. Just learn how to tell the ECM what YOU want it to do, and guess what, it'll do it.
The best part of all, you're not alone. We've all gone through it, at different levels of frustration and learning...and everyone here WANTS to help, all you have to do is ask. All anyone here really asks in return is to share you results so others can learn as well.

We've all lead horses to the water, and hard as we've all tried, most won't drink. Those that do keep comin back for more...you'll see

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Wiseman , Waterloo , Jamescj212
10-10-2017, (Subject: Just left the dealership.... ) 
(10-09-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  We've all lead horses to the water, and hard as we've all tried, most won't drink.

I ran into a guy a couple of weeks ago who came over to chat while he was waiting for the shipper to start loading. The big question he asked me is if I knew of any reason that DEF would be puking out of his stacks and staining the stack tips for about 4 feet. Also those same 4 feet were also blued from heat. Don't know if that was from regens or driver abuse but he said all similar trucks in the fleet had the same problem. It was a Lonestar with a 450ST ISX.

All I could think to say was it looked like he had something wrong somewhere and his comeback was "no that can't be it, it runs good". He also said because he had an oddball engine he couldn't get a "Bullydog" plugin performance box. I said that's a good way to destroy his engine and his response was "I don't want it for performance I just want to be able to override the speed limiter" (he had Ontario plates, max speed 105 kph). I tried to give him the forum and youtube addresses and he came back with "I don't have time for that, I have other stuff to do when I get home"

So yes like you say, so many people will die of thirst looking at a lake because they're too stupid to take a drink.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Rawze , Wiseman , Waterloo , Jamescj212

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.