Just left the dealership....
10-05-2017, (Subject: Just left the dealership.... ) 
RE: Just left the dealership....
@m*m^2 and don't look back.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Waterloo , hhow55 , Jamescj212 , simon999
10-06-2017, (Subject: Just left the dealership.... ) 
Cummins up here in Detroit quoted me $7300.00 for a new DOC and DPF cans. I went home and fixed the issue with a dose of @m*m^2... That was what, three years ago? Truck is fine. ;-) Knock on WOOD!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Jamescj212
Also i think issue is poor diesel quality and BIODIESEL which make regen very often. Check before you get fuel how much Bio blend in fuel because, best is B5 blend or. ulsd. One of my buddys got fuel (B20) at Loves in Florida on I-75. and right after that evening all lights went up on dash, truck was loosong power and couldnt do regen for 3+ hours and mpg went down to 4-5. He was about to go to Peterbuilt dealer... after a day he got fuel in Tennesse state everything is gone, truck back to normal, regen was done in 30 min. So, watch what u put in your tanks.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamescj212
(10-05-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  And believe me when I say that i dread going there. My 2010 cascadia with isx has been only tevving motor when regen, but not burning anything off
. A couple weeks ago my driver also said he had to regen everyday. So i checked into it. Ecu 128 sid 380. From what i was rreading along with the regen issues and 4.8mpg i was tearing my head out. I did the egr tune:changed the delta p, dozer,backpressure, amf so forth along with cleaning out venturi and couple other pipes along with the dpf itself. Everything was nasty. I had driver take truck to dealer on monday to reprogram due to removing dozer and they couldnt get a forced regen off. Told me my dpf and doc are cracked. Told me my turbo isnt getting upto speed nor is my aftertreatmrnt correct right now so im going to habe the check engine still on and will go into derate. They charged me 2400 for the b.s. they did chasing their tales and i still am s.o.l. Any ideas? I Have orderd brand new dpf and doc online for 2400 and will be installing this week. I cannot afford to just keep throwing parts at thses trucks. I just put a dpf in my prostar in may. Inherited other peoples lack of maintenance and i can only blame myself for not inspectibg better. Any ideas about the cascadi and the sid 380. Thx

Honestly, if your on this site then you have no excuse for chasing these expensive emission problens down the rabbit hole. One of the best solutions you can find here, and it's already heeen stated
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamescj212
I get it. Ive been a member now for like a week now. I just cannot believe everyone and i mean everyone is saying @m*m^2. Thx for the input.
replyreply
(10-05-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  Doc yes and dpf no. Im broke and cannot justify it, but ill settle with being halfway i guess. Should i be able to just install those and my next regen the system reads the cracked stuff is out and back to good? Do you know?

Nope, sorry.
After changing those parts you will need Insite to go into the ECM and do a "Maintenance Reset" to tell the ECM they have been changed or it will think they have been removed or broken and it WILL throw a CEL and it WILL derate!

BTW, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the deeper issues this may have caused are lurking in the background, and they won't be pretty when they show themselves.

You've opened Pandora's Box, and trying to get to the bottom of it is a waste of time, finances, and energy.
Take Cuya's advise, just demandated it and be done.
Ok, I'm going to go the route all are saying to. However that won't be until next weekend. When truck left shop they said it did half regen, but wasn't to temp and turbo was supposedly only running at half speed. My driver left last night to Kansas and will be back in the a.m. Today it gave the regen light , he tried it did nothing and the light went out. I need it to make it until Friday with him driving until I can attempt the program. Can he just keep driving or does he need to unplug the magic switch, or do you know? Thanks.
replyreply
(10-06-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  ...
turbo was supposedly only running at half speed

I find it ironic how all the stealershi#$its claim "the turbo is running too slow and is going bad, you need to waste another $4500 on a turbo too" -- YET --- AS SOON AS YOU DE-MANDATE THE TRUCK --- SUDDENLY -- THE TURBO WORKS PERFECTLY FINE ALL THE SUDDEN!!!

I have heard those words a hundred times and rarely does the turbo have anything to do with bad regens. -- It takes a serious idiot of a mechanic to say "the turbo is spinning slow" without it clrarly pointing towards COMETHING BLOCKING UP THE EXHAUST CAUSING IT!!!

Those EOM mechanics are so incredibly clueless that it is sickening to my stomach!. -- they are only trained to take ALL your profits and put you out of business as fast as you can open your wallet!.

====

NEXT: ---

You keep buying and showing SUPER-DISCOUNTED FAKE KNOCKOFF shi#t and bragging about it is not tolerated well here - Just warning you. I call it bad judgment, low-rent jump over a dollar of reliability to save a few pennies ways, and I can't stand to see people who run their business like that. I will not allow for those methods and poor management ideas to spread on here like the sour peanut-butter that it is!> Those same guys with those same "lets get it off e-bay or from that half price discount shop" guys ARE ALWAYS THE SAME GUYS who are always struggling and in the hole because of those same bad decisions too!!!-- how coincidental eh? -- run your business like s%it, with S%it parts in s%ity maintained trucks that you keep hauling off to the stealersh$it over and over, and you get s$it for profits and nothing but headaches and complaints in return -- simple as that!.

What you are doing is no way to run a trucking business at all, Maybe you are starting to figure that out by now, maybe not, but I see it all too often and you seem to be caught in its grip full force. -- This site is about helping people, not spreading bad practice,.. and THAT IS WHY everyone is screaming at you about the "el-cheapo" junk you seemed to have found yourself wasting even more money on. -- All I can say is good luck with that. I clearly don't agree with it at all, and most of the other successful people who post here regularly are trying to say this same thing too!.-- There is GOOD a reason for it,.. and that is -- EL-CHEAPO, KNOCKOFF, AND MOST AFTER-MARKET MAJOR TRUCK COMPONENTS ARE MOSTLY UNTRUSTWORTHY, AND DON'T PAY IN THE END!.

You say you got a bunch of trucks -- it does not sound like you could manage even one truck very well at this point. Why would you own several if you can't manage their problems very well? -- sounds like you need to start over and learn how to own one of these newer trucks successfully before going off and owning a bunch!,... I see people do that over and over, like somehow more trucks will make them more profit, but instead, they only find out that more trucks = more problems and failures when they don't know how to manage and maintain.

Just my own opinion and the beer talking,.. Take it for what it is or a grain of salt, I don't care.

As far as @m*m^2 goes, some people don't want to de-mandate their equipment, and for those, YES, the costs are going to be higher to keep the equipment running as it gets age on it. The key for this is to understand those systems and stay on top of them long before they get to the point that your trucks seem to be at. Otherwise, the costs are very high to get them back into shape. Trucks with half their engine life spent up are very difficult to keep those systems running on due to the age and wear of everything including the engine, but it is doable. The alternative is to de-mandate the equipment and take that risk, and if done right, yields a lot less headache and costs, but it is not legal in all countries, just keep that in mind.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
10-07-2017, (Subject: Just left the dealership.... ) 
(10-06-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  ...
turbo was supposedly only running at half speed

I find it ironic how all the stealershi#$its claim "the turbo is running too slow and is going bad, you need to waste another $4500 on a turbo too" -- YET --- AS SOON AS YOU DE-MANDATE THE TRUCK --- SUDDENLY -- THE TURBO WORKS PERFECTLY FINE ALL THE SUDDEN!!!

I have heard those words a hundred times and rarely does the turbo have anything to do with bad regens. -- It takes a serious idiot of a mechanic to say "the turbo is spinning slow" without it clrarly pointing towards COMETHING BLOCKING UP THE EXHAUST CAUSING IT!!!

Those EOM mechanics are so incredibly clueless that it is sickening to my stomach!. -- they are only trained to take ALL your profits and put you out of business as fast as you can open your wallet!.

====

NEXT: ---

You keep buying and showing SUPER-DISCOUNTED FAKE KNOCKOFF shi#t and bragging about it and I will kick you off here!- Just warning you. I don't tolerate bad judgment, low-rent jump over a dollar of reliability to save a few pennies ways, and I can't stand to see people who run their business like that. I will not allow for those methods and poor management ideas to spread on here like the sour peanut-butter that it is!> Those same guys with those same "lets get it off e-bay or from that half price discount shop" guys ARE ALWAYS THE SAME GUYS who are always struggling and in the hole because of those same bad decisions too!!!-- how coincidental eh? -- run your business like s%it, with S%it parts in s%ity maintained trucks that you keep hauling off to the stealersh$it over and over, and you get s$it for profits and nothing but headaches and complaints in return -- simple as that!.

What you are doing is no way to run a trucking business at all, Maybe you are starting to figure that out by now, maybe not, but I see it all too often and you seem to be caught in its grip full force. -- This site is about helping people, not spreading bad practice,.. and THAT IS WHY everyone is screaming at you about the "el-cheapo" junk you seemed to have found yourself wasting even more money on. -- All I can say is good luck with that. I clearly don't agree with it at all, and most of the other successful people who post here regularly are trying to say this same thing too!.-- There is GOOD a reason for it,.. and that is -- EL-CHEAPO, KNOCKOFF, AND MOST AFTER-MARKET STUFF IS MOSTLY UNTRUSTWORTHY, AND DON'T PAY IN THE END!.

You say you got a bunch of trucks -- it does not sound like you could manage one truck,.. why would you own several? -- sounds like you need to start over and learn how to own one before going off and owning a bunch!,... I see people do that over and over, like somehow more trucks will make them more profit, but instead, they only find out that more trucks = more problems and failures when they don't know how to manage and maintain anything very well.

Just my own opinion and the beer talking,.. Take it for what it is or a grain of salt, I don't care.

As far as @m*m^2 goes, some people don't want to de-mandate their equipment, and for those, YES, the costs are going to be higher to keep the equipment running as it gets age on it. The key for this is to understand those systems and stay on top of them long before they get to the point that your trucks seem to be at. Otherwise, the costs are very high to get them back into shape. Trucks with half their engine life spent up are very difficult to keep those systems running on due to the age and wear of everything including the engine, but it is doable. The alternative is to de-mandate the equipment and take that risk, and if done right, yields a lot less headache and costs, but it is not legal in all countries, just keep that in mind.

I have 2 shi#t trucks that I bought from a guy about 5 months ago when I came in off the road. A month later 1 of them broke down in Rochester and cost a egr, exhaust tube and dpf filter. That was the prostar, which has been many a.c. Problems since. Now it's the Cascadia. Thing is acting up pretty bad, all started with gas mileage dropping and I started watching your videos. So I did the egr tune on it last weekend . I took it to stealer for the dozer programming part I'd heard and they tried selling me the doc and dpf saying mine are both cracked. That's when I left and ordered the Oem doc and the aftermarket dpf. I was happy to feel like I'd won when they'd told me I was looking at 8k and I'd got the pair for 2500. Trust me I'm sick about it. I'm not only trying to clean up whatever the preventative maintenance habits were not of the previous owners of the trucks I've purchased all while licking my wounds. Yes I did purchase them, but after all of the mm talk I've decided to go the other route. I was in the dark. Seemed like you wanted nothing to do with them, but everyone else did and I couldn't comprehend why they all said to do it when I thought that was "discouraged" here. Point to my banter is I'm switching over and 24 hours ago I was against it with 0 intention of the program. If it seems that I was showing off or bragging, I don't see it and it's most definitely not my intention. My ass is being handed to me right now, I'm only 5 months in and down 20k aside from tractor purchase price, and I'm only soaking up info. Next, if a company like Cummins sells a system that is from what I've gathered as much a problem as on my 2010 as it is on the new stuff and they do nothing about it, meaning leave it so we the consumer spend more and more on replacing and replacing. What's the issue with someone buying from a different company, a interchangeable part.? You saying don't buy any interchangeable parts? I am going to return it when it arrives this week, but I don't get it. And my other question is the truck didn't regen today when the light came. The egr tune has Been done, the filter also cleaned can I make it until this weekend when inline gets in or do I need to pull the truck off the road until it's switched over?
replyreply
10-07-2017, (Subject: Just left the dealership.... ) 
Ok. I'm returning everything. I am going to return the knock off thing I bought and buy the Hong Kong thing I'm being told by everyone. The doc is authentic as far as I know, I received it today. As for the dpf, I know it's not. Either way I'm gonna dreturn them this week.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.