CM2250 gear lube reccomendation
10-06-2017, (Subject: CM2250 gear lube reccomendation ) 
RE: CM2250 gear lube reccomendation
(10-06-2017 )Fergie Wrote:  If I could add one question cause I'm just about in the same boat. Does brand of gear lube matter?

I have run both the supertech, and the sta-lube. The sta-lube GL-4 has extra protections in it for anti-oxidation and to combat the effects of sulphides on "yellow metals" like brass. The super-tech does not. -- It is up in the air as far as that goes but I have seen no ill effects of the GL5 super-tech aside from the slight undertone smell of sulphur on occasion like a hot tranny smell. My consensus would be...

If you want to be anal about it,.. the sta-lube GL-4,.. if not,.. the super-tech. Myself, i buy the sta-lube by the case when it is on sale somewhere, but the super-tech when not, or if it is convenient.

as far as winter is concerned,.. the engine temp is regulated. It is 185 in summer and in winter while its running. - this would mean it does not matter much once it is warmed up. -- On the other hand, someone who lets their truck sit every night in winter weather might be giving their starter a serious workout to get it going again. I guess it would be a matter of application.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , rrod

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM2250 gear lube reccomendation - Rawze - 10-06-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.