VGT actuator install issue
10-06-2017, (Subject: VGT actuator install issue ) 
VGT actuator install issue
Hey guys, just replaced a turbo and tried to calibrate the VGT. Got a code during first test saying failed procedure 6. Got a new actuator and still getting the same error message. The motor is a cm871 mandate removed with @m*m^2. Any ideas?
replyreply
RE: VGT actuator install issue
(10-06-2017 )chaos2law Wrote:  Hey guys, just replaced a turbo and tried to calibrate the VGT. Got a code during first test saying failed procedure 6. Got a new actuator and still getting the same error message. The motor is a cm871 mandate removed with @m*m^2. Any ideas?

restart Insite
replyreply
my fiends did something like the and the actuator was bad. When you turn the key on the actuator should move very little and stop if it doesn’t stop the actuator is bad
replyreply
Th wierd part is that the VGT shaft was seized and there are no vgt codes to begin with. Also the ecm never registered that the VGT was disconnected.
replyreply
(10-06-2017 )chaos2law Wrote:  Th wierd part is that the VGT shaft was seized and there are no vgt codes to begin with. Also the ecm never registered that the VGT was disconnected.

Where did u have it demanded
replyreply
(10-06-2017 )gatow900 Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 )chaos2law Wrote:  Th wierd part is that the VGT shaft was seized and there are no vgt codes to begin with. Also the ecm never registered that the VGT was disconnected.

Where did u have it demanded

Yeah, something does not sound right. You should be getting codes if the actuator is disconnected.

I have seen a bug in Insite that fails/hangs up the turbo calibration process, but it just runs forever,.. not fails it. On rare occasion that it does this, you can re-start insite and start the second procedure, skipping the first,.. that or you can cycle the keyswitch (or some other trick , I forget) to get it to continue. Sounds like you have some bad settings in your programming or a bad actuator there.

if you have cTerm you could always back up your program with it and flash the truck back to a factory program. See if it clears up. if it does, then you need to have your custom tuning fixed properly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-09-2018, (Subject: VGT actuator install issue ) 
Having issues with vgt for 3 days seems no one around here has any clues. Using Diesel Laptops software. A nearby shop has insite and still failed. Just don't see a new Holset vgt being bad but everything man made will tear up. 2013 CM2250 6.7
replyreply
alot of the newer holeset remans are coming with the wrong Firmware in the controller. Ive had to reflash a few to the proper updated firmware and have had calls from other people with the same issues.

They used to come with the proper stuff, dont know what changed. If the wrong firware is in the actuator it will never calibrate.

Uni
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , redbeard
Some less than legally obtained insites will have issues calibrating the actuator but then take to a shop with legally obtained version did just fine in a few seconds.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.