A little more ADvICE would help
10-06-2017, (Subject: A little more ADvICE would help ) 
A little more ADvICE would help
I'm looking for some answers to a couple things. Story is long, but I can reel or nutshell. Truck wasn't 2010 six wasn't doing its regen. A couple weeks ago it did daily, but then it'd just rev high, but no blowoff. Code Ecuador 128 Sid 380. I was under the impression from my driver all was ok. Anyhow I should've been paying attention every weekend when truck comes home and I wasn't. So I did erg tune and sent to shop for computer insight, they said doc and dpf are cracked. I went round and round and left dealer after they said they got a partial regen, but truck wasn't "hot enough and turbo was only running at half power" they said as I left. I've ordered 2 routes to go with this issue , the proper and the other. Everybody seems to say don't chase the rabbit down the hole. With that being said I'm going to return the parts. My driver is driving the truck now and the regen light came on then went off, I know it's ready. However I'm not gonna be able o get the stuff until late in the week, can I just unplug the sensor while we are waiting or just keep driving. It needs to make it a week, but I don't want to have him out there worried about derate either. Advice?
replyreply
10-06-2017, (Subject: A little more ADvICE would help ) 
RE: A little more ADvICE would help
I replied here...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid19160

Problem is that you keep driving a truck with a clogged up DPF filter, it will start killing injectors and carbon packing rings and will eventually crack a piston. Nothing to play with, especially when you got a "driver" in it that will only push the fuel pedal harder when it does not want to go from all the back-pressure.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.