Did egr tune today
10-08-2017, (Subject: Did egr tune today ) 
RE: Did egr tune today
(10-07-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 )Bahdan Wrote:  Fuel actuator got unplugged?
Where is that located?

Have you signed up on quickserve.cummins.com?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamescj212
Air in the fuel system will throw a code. Every single time the mechanic changes my davco filter I have this issue because mine is a asshole and I should buy a new plastic section.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamescj212
[quote='johnnydngrs' pid='19214' dateline='1507436039']
could it be air in the system after filter change? might need to prime if so.
[/quote
I just watched a video on this and it makes complete sense. Something about that doesnt seem right and ive went through checking everything else. There is no diesel in the devco filter, only the little i leftin from draining before old removal. Video said to refill and work it back into the system. Im hoping thats it. We should know as soon as day breaks. Thx
replyreply
(10-08-2017 )Brock Wrote:  Air in the fuel system will throw a code. Every single time the mechanic changes my davco filter I have this issue because mine is a asshole and I should buy a new plastic section.
Ok. I really dont know when it was ever changed before. I heard they are a shi#t design as well. The diesel buildup was not so pretty either. Anyhow, im going to focus back on it this morning. Thx
replyreply
(10-08-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 )Bahdan Wrote:  Fuel actuator got unplugged?
Where is that located?

Have you signed up on quickserve.cummins.com?

Yes, i did friday evening when i saw somebody else post about it. I havent been in to check it out other than the initial registering. Is there a way to get notified when somebody responds to a question i post? I mark the subscribe circle below this box, but i only know if i open this page back up and check.
replyreply
(10-08-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  ...
Is there a way to get notified when somebody responds to a question i post?

Not likely. This forum is as old-school as they get and things like rssi feeds, e-mailers, etc. (notifications) are all disabled to prevent security problems and spam attacks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thats fine. Just wasn't sure if I was The only one going back in and checking for responses
replyreply
Any luck finding that Davco Wrench?
replyreply
Jamescj212: you can put the secondary fuel filter, (the one on the engine) on bone dry and let the lift pump prime it. But not the separator, Davco or other the lift pump will not fill it, you must fill it will fuel or the truck won’t start! At least that has been my experience. Also if you did put the davco on dry and then cranked it a bit, the air trapped air in the system may take 5 or 6, one minute on, key cycles for the lift pump to purge even after you have filled the davco with fuel. If your tanks are super full pop the fuel caps off when you do your 5 or 6 key cycles for priming.

I agree with the guys above, nothing in the EGR tune up would keep the truck from cranking up even if it was messed up.

Gotta be filter, or something else.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Jamescj212

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.