Did egr tune today
10-08-2017, (Subject: Did egr tune today ) 
RE: Did egr tune today
I replace my davco and don't let anyone else do it. Especially the oil change places.

I don;t fill it with fuel, but do let the electric fuel pump run and suck fuel into it until the level is up on the filter element good before cranking the truck. Never had a problem, but I make sure I don't have air leaks when putting in on too. I use vasoline on the o-rings and threads of the housing when installing it for protect them and to make sure it does not get an air leak.

===

On another note, owning one of these newer trucks and not having a way to see engine codes and troubleshoot is like flying completely blind any more. I would not want to own a truck that I could not diagnose and see what it was crying about.

inline5 or 6 is your friend (even from china if necessary) when it comes to the red motors.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Jamescj212 , Waterloo
Well I couldn't find a devco filter wrench anywhere near where I live today so I bought a clamp I was finally able to tighten the filter housing down anough And then she sat and turned over a while I kept on pouring diesel N and the girl finally turned over and leveled off. Thx for the help. Everyone.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(10-08-2017 )johnnydngrs Wrote:  could it be air in the system after filter change? might need to prime if so.
Johnnydngrs, thx. It made sense and i thank you. Shes on her way.
replyreply
Did some research on devco, would this be a better filter then the racor 500 fg2 I was going to purchase tomorrow.
Glass bowel, 60 gph, two phase separation, 2 micron element, or choice.
Racor is what I have used for years on various equipment.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
(10-08-2017 )Ragindirt Wrote:  Did some research on devco, would this be a better filter then the racor 500 fg2 I was going to purchase tomorrow.
Glass bowel, 60 gph, two phase separation, 2 micron element, or choice.
Racor is what I have used for years on various equipment.
I meant the filter wrench. I had to improvise and didnt bite hard enough. But yes im contemplating changing out the system as well.
replyreply
Understood on your post about wrench, but I have always been a racor user. Times change and if elements are easier to obtain otr for davco it may be time to punt for me.
Last winter got some shi#t fuel up north of I-80, lots of times I could have stretched element on a glass bowel by simply draining.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
(10-08-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Jamescj212: you can put the secondary fuel filter, (the one on the engine) on bone dry and let the lift pump prime it. But not the separator, Davco or other the lift pump will not fill it, you must fill it will fuel or the truck won’t start! At least that has been my experience. Also if you did put the davco on dry and then cranked it a bit, the air trapped air in the system may take 5 or 6, one minute on, key cycles for the lift pump to purge even after you have filled the davco with fuel. If your tanks are super full pop the fuel caps off when you do your 5 or 6 key cycles for priming.

I agree with the guys above, nothing in the EGR tune up would keep the truck from cranking up even if it was messed up.

Gotta be filter, or something else.
Correct you are. I've got it figured out now. I can look at it now and seem to know how to tackle . Purging the system. Thanks
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
(10-08-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  I meant the filter wrench. I had to improvise and didnt bite hard enough. But yes im contemplating changing out the system as well.

These work well,... You can get them off amazon or at any local home depot...

https://amzn.to/2LmKCyD

Also there is this one... Fits davco perfectly...

https://amzn.to/2GYYmeX

====

My truck came with the Davco 382 on it. It has now more than a million miles on it and still works fine. I use 10 micron filters in it to keep ashphaltine and algea at bay instead of the 50-micron bussl$it filters that the oil change places like to install.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Kid Rock
10-09-2017, (Subject: Did egr tune today ) 
(10-08-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 )johnnydngrs Wrote:  could it be air in the system after filter change? might need to prime if so.
Johnnydngrs, thx. It made sense and i thank you. Shes on her way.

no problem, glad to hear she's on her way
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.