Morning engine warmup??
10-09-2017, (Subject: Morning engine warmup?? ) 
RE: Morning engine warmup??
(opinion only here) - Unless it is below freezing outside by a lot, on a low mileage, healthy engine, I don't think it matters a whole lot unless you are going to put it under full operating load right away. On an older engine with worn down components and a lot of play in them,.. It may make something let go or cause an issue?.

Some swear it does not matters, and others say it does. -- All I know is that I don't push my fuel pedal by much until its at full operating temp. I have seen guys slam their truck fuel pedal to the floor, engine still cold as ice and throw crossheads out from under the rockers before. It even happened to me once when test driving someone else truck that wasn't fully warmed up. I knew what it was right away and played it up a bit, but the guy who owned the truck thought the engine had blew up!. It was blasting black smoke real bad and would barely run.

- Needless to say, I would not wish something like that onto anyone, so I won't load test a truck that is not fully warmed up any more. It only took once for me to learned that lesson. If that crosshead had jumped down and wedged under the cam, it would have been all over.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , JMBT , Hammerhead

Messages In This Thread
Morning engine warmup?? - JMBT - 10-09-2017,
RE: Morning engine warmup?? - Rawze - 10-09-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.