Loss of voltage fast and solution
10-09-2017, (Subject: Loss of voltage fast and solution ) 
Loss of voltage fast and solution
Did egr tune over the wknd and f.water sep filter as well. Truck left for georgia . Dropped from 14v to 12v over night
Had her check belts, batt connections, and shut down inverter and all else. Dropped to 10 and dies about 12 at a unloading dock. She restarted it a hour later and volt climbed back to 14ish. When she went 3 miles down street to reload and thats where a company "meeks" pulled in who said it was withou t alternator and they could get it 2mrw for about 2k. I called and found 1, they went and got. It was a band aid compared to what it needs but we cannot wait. Id like to say i found them here at oem for 1600 and will be putting it in this weekend. In the meantime, is a alternator that big even really needed? I understand the reasoning behind being thousands of mikes away under warranty, but what gives with a 1600 per unit, but why? Raining and pouring.
replyreply
RE: Loss of voltage fast and solution
I think I paid like 600 CAD for my last pad mount alternator. Was a leece-neville if I remember correctly.

Are you calling dealerships? Cause that just seems nuts!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Even T/A's never charge that much...sheesh!!!

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Is it gold plated??? Also make sure you don't have a bad battery or cables would be a shame to drop that kind of money only to have it fail again!!!
replyreply
10-10-2017, (Subject: Loss of voltage fast and solution ) 
I only paid $1080 for a 320-amp leese-neville at fleecepride and didn't even have a core to give them. i put it on myself and away i went.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamescj212
My new Leese-Neville was around $400 at my International dealer. The Delco I had installed prior to the Leese at the TA was around $450 or $500 installed.

You are being fleeced!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Jamescj212
Online i can find it for 1100ish, at international they want 1500. I looked and looked. I dont know why it has to be such a heavy duty alt, but all i know is the bandaid they put on was 500 andd its literally half the size. I have a part number from them and have used it to search. Anyhow,
replyreply
One last input on this. This truck is the pro star with notorious a/c problems. The volts are now at 14.1 and the a/c is blowing much colder than it was the last 3 repairs combined. Just something to think about.
replyreply
(10-10-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  One last input on this. This truck is the pro star with notorious a/c problems. The volts are now at 14.1 and the a/c is blowing much colder than it was the last 3 repairs combined. Just something to think about.

A/C is the one thing that prostar is notorious for failing at. Lots of posts and answers on keeping them going on this forum.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jamescj212

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.