Motor identification
10-10-2017, (Subject: Motor identification ) 
Motor identification
I am looking at a 2010 prostar and I want to know what motor it has. I know it is at 435
Hp. If I buy it I will want that changed to 500 and mandate removed. Thank you
replyreply
RE: Motor identification
Is it a red engine that says ISX on the cover dataplate?

if not, walk away.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mav , fargonaz
(10-10-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Is it a red engine that says ISX on the cover dataplate?

if not, walk away.
Lol. It is a red isx that's all I know at this point. I will call cummins customer service with vin number but they're not going to tell me if it is a crap model. It has 600000 miles and a second apu. Don't want to buy hard parts to get hp increase. I am going to need to pay to have someone help me with the hp and to correct manufacture defects. I am in west palm and the truck is in Tampa I will get over to see it this afternoon
replyreply
(10-10-2017 )Mav Wrote:  
(10-10-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Is it a red engine that says ISX on the cover dataplate?

if not, walk away.
Lol. It is a red isx that's all I know at this point. I will call cummins customer service with vin number but they're not going to tell me if it is a crap model. It has 600000 miles and a second apu. Don't want to buy hard parts to get hp increase. I am going to need to pay to have someone help me with the hp and to correct manufacture defects. I am in west palm and the truck is in Tampa I will get over to see it this afternoon

its a CM871. Best engine cummins has made so far. -- of course, that does not mean the one your looking at is not in bad shape. A trip to Mr. hags up in atl may be in order to help get it road ready again.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mav
A 2010 ISX will be a CM871.

Before you just go "Increasing the horsepower" read Post #1 of this thread.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1

A factory 435hp WILL NOT be an ST block, so keep that and the horsepower in mind. Only >500hp factory ratings have an ST block.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mav
Thank you all. I will post when I get back.
replyreply
10-13-2017, (Subject: Motor identification ) 
No go on the prostar. I have looked at home in south Florida and in Tampa. I am now in Jacksonville. I am going to look at a 04 international with a isx 435 rebuilt by a dealer in va. It has been deleted by someone in Jax. So if I buy it I will have to stop at Mr hagg to see what is going on. Any way wish me luck.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.