Help! Truck won’t start!
10-10-2017, (Subject: Help! Truck won’t start! ) 
Help! Truck won’t start!
So my trailer ABS light is not coming on on my dash. So I was trying to figure out what was wrong. I turned my key on but did not start the engine. I then quickly jumped out and unplugged my trailer pigtail. When I got back in the truck now my orange triangle, ABS light, traction control lights are all on. Still no trailer ABS light though. And my truck will not start. The Engine just turns over but it will not start. All this just because I unplugged my trailer pigtail? My message center reads “electrical fault” ABS module”. I assumed I faulted out my body controller when I unplugged my trailer pigtail. Would this cause the truck not to start?
replyreply
RE: Help! Truck won’t start!
Truck make/model? Battery disconnect switch(try cycling)?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
highly doubtful the truck is not starting because of the ABS system alone.

You have the "RED" engine shutdiwn light on? -- if not, it should crank and run. most likely a fuel flow issue of power missing form the ECM somewhere.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , texasmorrell
10-11-2017, (Subject: Help! Truck won’t start! ) 
Agreed with Rawze on the ABS not being the culprit. Maybe the voltage change when you unplugged with the key on popped a fuse somewhere?? It shouldn’t have but who knows. Reaching in the dark here, but I would check all your fuses and relays related to the ign and ECM. If a 2250 or 2350, does the injector harness have a fuse? Rawze may know. I know when we need to crank the engine without it starting we unplug the injector harness where it goes into the side of the head just below the rocker cover. (2250). Maybe check there too. Does the lift pump have a fused link?? Can you hear if running when you turn on the key? If not maybe you lost your prime. Just bouncing ideas here. Would be curious to know what it was when you figure it out, please report back. Thanks

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: texasmorrell
Fuel. Solenoid?
This happened to me once . Iwould check for voltage on the solenoid . May have to remove the guts and see if this works

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , texasmorrell
Iam with JMBT here. Turn the key to on position and listen to the prime pump.
MY stories with cranking and no start are as follows.
-changed the bateries but did not tighten enough them ( had vehicle manintnce fault on volvo 2006 isx
-put the batteries the other way ( cranking no start , blow up the fuse on batteries, there are two on volvo 2003 isx and batteries go with minus inside,towards passanger side it is the opposite on 2006 volvo
-cranking no start , connected insite and with the help of ppl from the forum diagnozed bad high pressure pump-

so first thing to check is to turn key on and listen to prime pump
mostly when a lot of codes pop up it is loose connection or popped fuse from my experience
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JMBT , texasmorrell
No fuel pump prime during key over. No power going to the metering valves. Tested every fuse on the truck. Continuity tested every related wire. All good. Just turns over but no fuel flow at all. Took the ecm off and sent it to stealership to be tested. Will know tomorrow if it’s now an expensive paper weight. It would be strange that the ECM going bad would cause an ABS and transmission fault. But I guess they’re all connected in someway. Oh yeah, in my original post I forgot to mention that I have a fault in the transmission also. The N for neutral is alternating to F back-and-forth. I Called Road Ranger and they said that this means fault.
replyreply
(10-10-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  highly doubtful the truck is not starting because of the ABS system alone.

You have the "RED" engine shutdiwn light on? -- if not, it should crank and run. most likely a fuel flow issue of power missing form the ECM somewhere.

No, just the triangle, ABS, traction control icons. On the gear indicator N and F back and forth.
replyreply
Texasmorrell: which trans do you have? Auto with clutch or Ultra without, and what year?

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.