Loss power
10-09-2017, (Subject: Loss power ) 
Loss power
05 isx cm870. Had gear pump and all four actuators changed this past weekend because fuel pressure was low and for awhile had a little bit of a rough idle. But since the change the idle has changed big time its purring but ive noticed a power loss in climbing hills. Has anyone experienced this or have any idea why with the parts change and the engine seeming to be running smoother that it would cause a power loss. I mean you would think new parts it should better smoother and stronger but idk.
replyreply
RE: Loss power
When was the last overhead? I would start there.
replyreply
What was fuel pressure before? -- and now?

===

Also, worn out actuators could have been letting too much fuel into the cylinders, and now are more accurate?. Could effect power I would think.

If it indeed was only simply the new parts that changed it, then it could simply be a "power correction" with more accurate fuel flow, timing, etc.

Before you call it a "power loss" you should check everything again and perhaps dyno it and find out?. Could even be something stupid that got bumped, adjusted, or altered that is unrelated to the fuel components too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-16-2017, (Subject: Loss power ) 
Ive ran this truck for three years and since ive had no overhead.
replyreply
Fuel psi was around 267 at full rev with old pump. With new 287 roughly. We have no dyno available to us. And just gauging by gear position and speed. With same load and route had to down a gear and a half and was moving much slower.
replyreply
(10-16-2017 )808allstarr Wrote:  Fuel psi was around 267 at full rev with old pump. With new 287 roughly. We have no dyno available to us. And just gauging by gear position and speed. With same load and route had to down a gear and a half and was moving much slower.

280~ish is a normal pressure for one. 260~ is a bit low.

It could be getting air into the system somewhere?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.