Boost gauge, turbo cough
10-12-2017, (Subject: Boost gauge, turbo cough ) 
Boost gauge, turbo cough
I bought a teltek boost gauge to replace what was there. It has an airline fitting on the back of it. Recommendation on where to tap into to feed the airline for the gauge?
'05 9900, CM870

Turbo cough. What is it exactly? I did the EGR tune up a couple months ago but I still have it once in awhile. Usually downshifting.

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
10-12-2017, (Subject: Boost gauge, turbo cough ) 
RE: Boost gauge, turbo cough
At 16:00 Rawze shows where he hooks up to the manifold for the boost gauge.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , DDlighttruck
10-13-2017, (Subject: Boost gauge, turbo cough ) 
Gotcha. Mines an 870 but I'll look on the manifold in the morning. Thanks!

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
(10-12-2017 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  I bought a teltek boost gauge to replace what was there. It has an airline fitting on the back of it. Recommendation on where to tap into to feed the airline for the gauge?
'05 9900, CM870

Turbo cough. What is it exactly? I did the EGR tune up a couple months ago but I still have it once in awhile. Usually downshifting.

When is a last time you changed EGR back presure sensor, the one located by coolant termostat, could be that sensor is bad.
replyreply
870 turbos are air controlled. The one I had loved to chuff. It was the air cylinder binding up and then releasing once enough air pressure was applied to make it move too far. The ecm saw the backpressure skyrocket once the actuator freed up and dumped the air pressure all at once making it chuff from the sudden release of pressure. Could be your issue as well.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , DDlighttruck

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.