Ball joints...
10-14-2017, (Subject: Ball joints... ) 
RE: Ball joints...
The tie rod should be fairly easy. I found a tie rod remover on amazon that you screw on to the bolt on the tie rod end after you remove the castle nut. Then put a block or jack stand under the spindle arm and smack the tool with a big hammer until the end drops a 1/4” or so, unscrew the tool and the tie rod is free. Otherwise you will need a pickle fork to spread the gap between the tie rod end and arm on the spindle. Make sure you index the clamps the same when you put the new ends on. On some trucks they will rub on shock mounts and u bolts if not indexed properly. When you put the new tie rod back into position on the truck anti seize the cone shaped area on the tie rod end. That way the next time you drop it you won’t have to beat the hell out of it!
I have never been offered a replacement without a grease zerk, but I have a 20K steer axle so everything is built extra heavy duty.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Ball joints... - dhirocz - 10-13-2017,
RE: Ball joints... - JMBT - 10-14-2017,
RE: Ball joints... - JMBT - 10-14-2017
RE: Ball joints... - Rawze - 10-14-2017,
RE: Ball joints... - JMBT - 10-14-2017,
RE: Ball joints... - dhirocz - 10-14-2017,
RE: Ball joints... - Nilao - 10-15-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.