Crankshaft Timing Sensor, Is there a trick?
10-16-2017, (Subject: Crankshaft Timing Sensor, Is there a trick? ) 
RE: Crankshaft Timing Sensor, Is there a trick?
I got her out! Once I removed the radiator support bar that was kind of in the way, I was able to get a regular pair of pliers in there, got ahold of the socket and just gave her a twist, popped right out. Oh, and I believe that nut buster I sprayed on really helped. I sprayed it down the night before and let her soak. I used PB Blaster.

Also, when installing, I had to give her a twist or two and then it kind of clicked and dropped into the hole with some pressure. The first time I installed, it was not set all the way, you could feel that with your finger. I removed and gently twisted it around and it felt like it fell into a slot and then set itself in the hole. I then installed the 10 mm bolt. Oh, prior to installing the sensor, which has that rubber o-ring, I used some gear oil to wet the o-ring vs installing dry.

Just be aware in regards to properly seating this sensor. I don't know if it is just my particular motor or not. But if she is not seated properly, you will have an oily mess when you start the motor. And no, I did not start the motor, LOL!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
10-16-2017, (Subject: Crankshaft Timing Sensor, Is there a trick? ) 
RE: Crankshaft Timing Sensor, Is there a trick?
(10-16-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Just be aware in regards to properly seating this sensor. I don't know if it is just my particular motor or not. But if she is not seated properly, you will have an oily mess when you start the motor. And no, I did not start the motor, LOL!

Sometimes you take all the fun outta wrenching on your own stuff...lol

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.