Transmission cooler damaged.
10-15-2017, (Subject: Transmission cooler damaged. ) 
RE: Transmission cooler damaged.
My mechanic did the same thing to mine. Lowered the hood to make room when we did the front structure. Nilao is bang on. Mine were so corroded that we couldn't get them off so I bought new lines as well.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Cool, thanks guys, the blue clips I do have. The lines are new, so I'm glad I don't have to mess with that. And yes, looks easy to do. Question, how much coolant do I need to remove from the system, or do I even have too?
replyreply
(10-15-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Cool, thanks guys, the blue clips I do have. The lines are new, so I'm glad I don't have to mess with that. And yes, looks easy to do. Question, how much coolant do I need to remove from the system, or do I even have too?

For the CAC, no need. It comes right off. You don;t even need to take the pressure off the A/C but you do need to be careful with the condenser and lines.

If your referring to the air-cooled tranny cooler, just disconnect it and let the oil drain into a small pan. Top the tranny fluid level off when your all done and you have driven it about 2-3 miles or so. As well, those front tranny coolers are pretty tough. I have seen many with the scar in them where the hood got them and were fine. If all it got was the fins and did not look like it got into the passageways, I would have left it for another day and simply kept a close eye on it for leakage.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Brock
(10-15-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-15-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Cool, thanks guys, the blue clips I do have. The lines are new, so I'm glad I don't have to mess with that. And yes, looks easy to do. Question, how much coolant do I need to remove from the system, or do I even have too?

For the CAC, no need. It comes right off. You don;t even need to take the pressure off the A/C but you do need to be careful with the condenser and lines.

If your referring to the air-cooled tranny cooler, just disconnect it and let the oil drain into a small pan. Top the tranny fluid level off when your all done and you have driven it about 2-3 miles or so. As well, those front tranny coolers are pretty tough. I have seen many with the scar in them where the hood got them and were fine. If all it got was the fins and did not look like it got into the passageways, I would have left it for another day and simply kept a close eye on it for leakage.

I drained the coolant bottle, but that was easy with the Tri-Pac, just easier to work with empty. And, sadly, the hood thingies punctured the tranny cooler, she is bleeding red. Not much, just a nick, but enough to know I need a new one. Oh, I saw I said coolant, in regards to the transmission cooler, I meant tranny fluid... My thinking was off, transmission = Transmission FLUID, not coolant. Don't know what I was thinking. Well, I do know what I was thinking, I was pissed off! LOL! Thanks Rawze. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.