VDO and Insite
10-15-2017, (Subject: VDO and Insite ) 
VDO and Insite
Was/am playing around with VDO roadlog when I get my truck back on the road in Nov. Like the fact that I own the unit and can get a printout if needed for a road side Leo.
After joining this site and realizing a few things from all of the good post I have come to the conclusion that I need to purchase insite.
So here is the question someone may have info on. Currently in truck on dash, dash cam, GPS, and XM, hell lets throw a elog there too. I think not, will mount it on a stand from center console or floor stand; oh wait let make the stand big enough for a computer so I can view insite (not while driving naturally).
So do any of you know of a good laptop or system where I can run elogs, view insite if needed; or do I really need insite while I am out for a week or two. If not just run with VDO.
Wagons and product I haul, I do not need a printer (phone and tablet get my dispatch).
The two companies that I can run under (not at the same time), do not have any other truck past 99 so I basically just up load my settlement and books (e-logs) when I get home.... May have to give dot owner administrator rights to elogs to be on the up and up, remember I am still on paper for now, and when I parked her in June.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
RE: VDO and Insite
You don't need to run Insite while driving unless you are trying to diagnose something. As far as a laptop, Windows 7 or greater, or a MacBook Pro running Bootcamp and Windows 7 or greater, which I use. You are complicating matters and will have no room in the truck for the nut behind the wheel. ;-)

If you don't have Insite, I imagine you do not have an Inline 5 Reader. Here is the one most all of us use here, yes, Hong Kong. Insite software will come with it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Data-Link-Adapte...SwceNZQ69I

And be careful with to much stuff on the dash, just asking for DOT to take a look at what is distracting you. LOL!
replyreply
Ya no shi#t on all; so I will just use one of the home laptop, and stick with friggin vdo elog, atleast it has a print out.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Due to Insite will come from oriental dragon I will not recommend to run it on the computer you use for business. Never know what was embedded in this software.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Ragindirt , hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.