Started erg tune today
10-16-2017, (Subject: Started erg tune today ) 
Started erg tune today
T800 ISX, CM871
25K hours.

Started the erg tune today, doc filter looks decent and dpf just has a little ash built up. Going to kick around cleaning and check on cost. May pressure wash them just to see if this will work, lots of comments on web about cleaning so I will see how it goes. If it fails do I mm.
All components down stream of her valve looked like the video rawze made with the lady in blue Pete. Only really plugged sensor was imap. I pulled it a couple of weeks ago just to see how bad system was.
Did not see any signs of coolant leak anywhere; but still stumped on blowing white smoke occasionally. Possibly missing a regen cycle or bad doser nip.
Waterloo talked me thru a pressure test set up; was going to deviate a bit and use 3/8 vent tube connected plastic day tank on radiator ( tube connected to block to the left where return pipe passes on block).
So around 3 ish (after a 40 degree amb temp increase) I go to pull tube off and antifreeze shoots 10 ft in the air. By all means not a good test but a good indication of a tight system.
More to come, and pictures if this one can be viewed.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
RE: Started erg tune today
Piping from egr to venturi nipple, don't know if I should jack with removing/cleaning egr valve on this go round. Change some sensors, check the doser and mm after first of the year (good chase around February).
Any thoughts on spraying some carb cleaner into top of egr, then suck it up, or run it while venturi is off for a spell after I soak it up.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Looks like your on the right path with getting it cleaned up and happy again.

Don't forget about the Delta-P and tubes, etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Techmech
10-4, thanks

PT'ing coolant system tonight so I didn't fully get doser off ( had to grind off exhaust support bolts; Damn tight under there..found a leak though on tranny cooler line). Wish I would have taken a picture before I closed hood; so anyway it has a perfectly round hole in center and what looks like an 'impact carter' around circumference of injection hole. At 701+ miles would you go the extra step and change doser nipple. I have time to drain system and pull and repairs before I hit the road again.
Coolant system after finding leak has held at 14 psi for the past 5 hours, so I am leading to the conclusion as other on here it may have been missing a regen or under/over dosing.
What your thoughts Rawze!
175.00 for a bake job on dpf today; other then soot dpf was in good shape. Will get into late winter then mm

replyreply
10-17-2017, (Subject: Started erg tune today ) 
(10-16-2017 )Ragindirt Wrote:  10-4, thanks

PT'ing coolant system tonight so I didn't fully get doser off ( had to grind off exhaust support bolts; Damn tight under there..found a leak though on tranny cooler line). Wish I would have taken a picture before I closed hood; so anyway it has a perfectly round hole in center and what looks like an 'impact carter' around circumference of injection hole. At 701+ miles would you go the extra step and change doser nipple. I have time to drain system and pull and repairs before I hit the road again.
Coolant system after finding leak has held at 14 psi for the past 5 hours, so I am leading to the conclusion as other on here it may have been missing a regen or under/over dosing.
What your thoughts Rawze!
175.00 for a bake job on dpf today; other then soot dpf was in good shape. Will get into late winter then mm

Should bake and flow test the DOC too. Make sure they are both clean and in good shape.

DO NOT use water to clean out the DPF, DOC, etc. It washes the chemicals out of them and weakens them. After a couple times of this, they are defunct and hard to get to regen. Seen this many times.

it is not so much the PSI of the cooling system when your testing it so much as the wetness in the back of the EGR cooler and other places you need to check for.

if the Doser is more than 250k old, replace it if it was cached up that badly. It is not likely spraying very well, or it is leaking fuel.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-27-2017, (Subject: Started erg tune today ) 
Got her all back together and rest, forced regen looked good on temps. Just need to get blower/pto installed next week and ready for service again around the 6 th of November.

Activate insurance.

At 1100 rpm during regen truck was reading 2.5 on crankcase pressure; is this about normal for cm871 with 701K on her.

replyreply
10-28-2017, (Subject: Started erg tune today ) 
The DPF flows great on their "bench' after they bake it, but they can't remove the ash, which will quickly attract more soot. I hope you have better luck than I did.
replyreply
10-28-2017, (Subject: Started erg tune today ) 
Only cost about 179.00, so if it gets me by until spring I can throw on hopper and get a load of alfalfa to SC then swing down a bit to Atlanta for some M&M's :-)

Or after a bit get my mechanic educated on the rawze.com way then get her done here.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.