Location of blend door actuator on a prostar?
01-12-2017, (Subject: Location of blend door actuator on a prostar? ) 
RE: Location of blend door actuator on a prostar?
I have a 2010 lonestar. I am constantly getting fresh air in through the cab vents. Is the inside/outside air actuator located on the firewall under the hood? I am sure this is the problem but I am not exactly sure of the actuator location. Thanks in advance for any responses.
replyreply
11-30-2017, (Subject: Location of blend door actuator on a prostar? ) 
Hey guys I thought I would add to this and fill in a few blanks because I just changed both of my actuators under the dash. My upper one broke on Monday and I stopped by a stealership in Columbus Ohio and picked up a pair of new ones. I kept the lower one and will use it as a spare if one of the other ones fail.

Mine is a 2011 ProStar w/a Cummins
The higher and deeper actuator is what selects the different vent modes.
Lower one changes the heat temp.

The torx bit is a T25
It’s the same bit for every screw to remove all the panels and remove the actuators.
The lower actuator can be removed with up to a 6” long driver with the T25 on the end.
I used a 3/8 - 1/8 socket to hold the T25 and wrapped a bit of electrical tape around it to provide additional traction. This made it very easy for me to remove the two screws that held the upper actuator in place.
After removing both of them and plugging in the new ones while still unattached I cycled the key on and watched both actuators start moving.
I loosely held them up to there respective locations and they cycled until they lined up and seated into place.
Ran a full cycle of vent and temp controls to confirm proper function.
Installation was simple and reassembled everything in the reverse order that everything came apart.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , Brock , Sergiu , PuroCumminsPower
thanks for adding that info. I have had to do this a few times myself. Not easy to get to the upper one without a lot of cursing lol.

I got tired of replacing mine, they just kept breaking because the plastic in the blend doors and the whole assembly is warped now from age. - I got some cheap lawn-mower throttle type slide cables, made some make-shift adapters, and mounted them into the dash where the controls used to be. NO more electronic components and no more problems with the blend doors and hot/cold selection since.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RTRUCKING48 , Waterloo , PuroCumminsPower
Good info thanks for sharing
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.