Tire Inflation Article. Interesting.
10-17-2017, (Subject: Tire Inflation Article. Interesting. ) 
RE: Tire Inflation Article. Interesting.
(10-17-2017 )Brock Wrote:  I tired out Rawzes 120 psi deal, it did not work for me but that is because I run 50% empty miles I'm sure. I wore out the centre strip in no time flat! If I were running loaded 90% of my miles then I would do it again.

If you wore out the center strip when empty, then that can only mean you were most likely applying too much torque to them when empty?. I have never seen those kinds of problems over here. Then again, we drive the truck like there is a loose watermelon laying in the floor that we don;t want to roll around too.

one example of this we have seen many times. We see trucks pass us going up the mountians all the time, and going up grapevine pass (very rough and bouncy road), as the truck passes us and they are putting the screws to it,.. we have literally seen chunks of tire flying out from the drives as they vibrate and grab the pavement.

The result is always that proverbial unexplained wear pattern where every 3rd or 4th lug is worn down (usually on the passenger front drive axle most of all) more than the rest of the tire, and everyone blaming it on shocks and tire imperfections, but it is the torque load + frame twist doing it most of all. - I am quite good at seeing how someone drives by looking at their tires.

./uploads/201710/post_2_1508231501_dff89df9e722baf5afac1cd4dd7a3541.jpg

Sorry, but we don;t drive like that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
Sorry this is my option , take or leave it . I used to pull my own trailers all the time . The last year and a half I have been pulling company super bs .
Most of them have the tire presser inflation system , I HATE it . The reason being is they are all set to 85 psi . I like to bitch slap the manufacturer for that . It will aslo deflate the tires aslo . If I keep doing this I am going to buy a tool to set the presser . Up here going form 85 psi to 110 psi feels like you have a extra 200 hp .
Just my own dumb ass option . I have to pay for all the extra fuel it take to drag this boat anchor around .
Lower inflated tires flex more , therefor creating more heat .unless you run gravel / off-road revolutions does not wear out a tire heat does .
Ever wonder why drives last forever in the winter and burn off in the summer . HEAT
I will take a tire that looks like shi#t when it is wore out any day over a tire that look even , if that mean x amount of more Kms
Just my own bullshit thoughts
Kept in mind that's 20 tires I am dragging , 85 psi = brain dead .
But they look so nice when you throw them in the bush !
Rant over for now , yes this a sore spot for me . Everybody wants to save $ , but nobody wants to pay 10 $ a tire for tire life . Again brain dead

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , DDlighttruck , Brock
(10-17-2017 )the missing link Wrote:  ...

It's 4:30 in the morning, what are you doing up at this time of the day?
Better question, why can't I sleep?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I am on "night shift" .... What's your excuse , lol
And the only time I am up this early is when I haven't went to bed yet ,lol

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
(10-17-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-17-2017 )Brock Wrote:  I tired out Rawzes 120 psi deal, it did not work for me but that is because I run 50% empty miles I'm sure. I wore out the centre strip in no time flat! If I were running loaded 90% of my miles then I would do it again.

If you wore out the center strip when empty, then that can only mean you were most likely applying too much torque to them when empty?. I have never seen those kinds of problems over here. Then again, we drive the truck like there is a loose watermelon laying in the floor that we don;t want to roll around too.

one example of this we have seen many times. We see trucks pass us going up the mountians all the time, and going up grapevine pass (very rough and bouncy road), as the truck passes us and they are putting the screws to it,.. we have literally seen chunks of tire flying out from the drives as they vibrate and grab the pavement.

The result is always that proverbial unexplained wear pattern where every 3rd or 4th lug is worn down (usually on the passenger front drive axle most of all) more than the rest of the tire, and everyone blaming it on shocks and tire imperfections, but it is the torque load + frame twist doing it most of all. - I am quite good at seeing how someone drives by looking at their tires.

Sorry, but we don;t drive like that.

It's nothing to do with torque, all 4 tires wore perfectly evenly just down the centre strip. You haven't seen that because you don't run 50% empty miles. My truck runs 300 miles empty every single day.

If it were a torque issue, there would be signs of it. Ie. Pitting in the rubber, chunks missing...... none of that, tires wore mint but just dead centre. Not a tire issue because it happened on 2 of my trucks with different tires.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JMBT
(10-17-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(10-17-2017 )the missing link Wrote:  ...

It's 4:30 in the morning, what are you doing up at this time of the day?

You mean it's 4:30 twice in a day?

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
10-18-2017, (Subject: Tire Inflation Article. Interesting. ) 
(10-17-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  It's 4:30 in the morning, what are you doing up at this time of the day?
(10-17-2017 )kryten Wrote:  You mean it's 4:30 twice in a day?

Touché, lmao!
What can I say, I'm solar powered...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kryten
10-19-2017, (Subject: Tire Inflation Article. Interesting. ) 
Getting back to tire inflation. These are Michelin's inflation charts.

Just click on your tire diameter and it will bring up all the relevant details.

http://www.michelintruck.com/en_CA/refer...-tables/#/

replyreply
10-19-2017, (Subject: Tire Inflation Article. Interesting. ) 
Tire rolling resistance comparison gizmo from Michelin.

http://www.michelintruck.com/en_CA/tools...omparison/

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.