Oil temp
11-01-2017, (Subject: Oil temp ) 
RE: Oil temp
Just some guessing here...

It can be from excess friction somewhere in the engine or excess heat absorbtion from an over-spooling turbo.

It can also be an anodized oil cooler from running bad coolant.

Incorrect or bad oil thermostat?

Higher than normal oil temps can also be due to bad or incorrect programming. Maybe someone should look at your programming to ensure it is not something set wrong. Is it de-mandated? -- if so, by who?

Also, have you replaced the oil temp sensor to verify what you are seeing is correct?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2
Did you install the N14 oil cooler t-stat? That should have been at least an option. If you did mention that then disregard,Lol.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
What are water temps. Also what is pyro temps. 5 extra degrees of water temp will make oil temps to high. Oil temp sender like rawze said. Start simple. Fan cut in of 210 makes for 250 degree oil temp. Lower fan cut in temp or run manual fan switch on. Red flag "recalibrate ecm" what is going on there. Tells me someone has been in your ecm. Programming doesn't just become a problem on its own.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
{post deleted. Bad advice, lies, and mis-information}
replyreply
{post deleted. Bad advice, lies and mis-information}
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM
(11-01-2017 )sirrepairsalot Wrote:  I had a stock programmed ecm, 565hp ISX CM870, clean and straight rad, oil cooler was good too when I pulled it to service it. Fan operated properly, kicked in at 180, in fact one hot day I ran the fan the whole trip to keep it at 240 degrees and then I pulled the thermostat. Did the trick. Runs as cool as the coolant temp now. Retarded idea...

Is there any negative side effects or issues running without t stat??? Jus wondering it wasnt always an issue so something else must be wrong and in case that prob is solved having it out could cause more probs.
replyreply
(11-01-2017 )sirrepairsalot Wrote:  Pull the thermostat right out of there, no need for something as stupid as that... Opens at 240 degrees... I did all my fleet like that. Runs nice and cool as the engine temp. 180-200 ish now.
Bad info.
Others will chime in on that but you don't want oil temp the same as coolant temp. Also missing thermostat doesn't direct oil properly for cooling.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz
(11-01-2017 )808allstarr Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 )sirrepairsalot Wrote:  I had a stock programmed ecm, 565hp ISX CM870, clean and straight rad, oil cooler was good too when I pulled it to service it. Fan operated properly, kicked in at 180, in fact one hot day I ran the fan the whole trip to keep it at 240 degrees and then I pulled the thermostat. Did the trick. Runs as cool as the coolant temp now. Retarded idea...

Is there any negative side effects or issues running without t stat??? Jus wondering it wasnt always an issue so something else must be wrong and in case that prob is solved having it out could cause more probs.

YES, BIG PROBLEMS! -- FIRST AND FOREMOST! that is really bad mis-leading information. The oil thermostat, when removed, the oil will BYPASS COMPLETELY the oil cooler. the oil will no longer flow through the cooler but instead permanently bypass it.

It is explained at 1:41 in this video...

NEXT: YOU ACTUALLY WANT the oil to be above 215 degrees to keep moisture burned off at all times. this prevents moisture buildup and rust from forming on the components like at the in the top of the head around the rockers, especially when the engine sits. That is the whole point of the oil running above 200 degrees.

That persons statements are a flat out lie!. I have seen many people who tried just that only to find their oil started overheating with the thermostat missing. -- therefore, the last 2 posts from 'sirrepairsalot' are clearly a flat out LIE!. If he had actually taken the thermostat out of several trucks then he would have had several trucks with oil temp problems right away!> I am not going to tolerate such statements that spread mis-information onto others like this. In this case it is a little too obvious!.

The guys profile says he has been a mechanic for 17+ years. I feel bad for his customers if after that many years, he still does not understand how an engine and its many systems actually work.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , Magard , hhow55 , snailexpress , 808allstarr
08-13-2019, (Subject: Oil temp ) 
Does the oil temp sensor prevent the fan from turning on if it's bad?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.