Trailer lights fuse
10-18-2017, (Subject: Trailer lights fuse ) 
RE: Trailer lights fuse
Wanted to run tonight but couldn't. Replaced 2 bad amber lights on trailer, blew fuse right away. Had time in the field waiting to load so crawled under truck, that's where peterbilt told me to start. From the computer in the frame by the transmission a foot back was a connector they told me that gives fits. I was tired of laying on bean stubble so I crawled out got loaded and drove the mile to dad's place and got it on cement. Pulled 2 tail lights connection still good. Crawled into the nose and that wiring all looked fine. Went back under truck and went to that plug by computer unhooked it and put it back together. Didn't work on it much cause I'm not familiar with this type of plug. Was told it's a coupler. Had a wire or two come out of it. Out of fear of f-ing more of it up I put it back together. Went to turn lights on to show dad how fast it was blowing the fuse and the damn thing stayed working. So I'll be getting a new coupler ordered tomorrow and hoping whatever I fiddled with can last till a rainy spell. A local farm mechanic I've been bouncing ideas with said if it kicks out again he'll bypass and tie into my truck lights just to get me by. Whether that'll do it with this new crap IDK. Hoping things go good for once tomorrow had to shut down yesterday for a cam shaft sensor that our local dealership didn't stock and didn't get till noon today.[/u]
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Trailer lights fuse - Fergie - 10-16-2017,
RE: Trailer lights fuse - Fergie - 10-18-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.