Crawling under the truck...
10-18-2017, (Subject: Crawling under the truck... ) 
Crawling under the truck...
Getting ready for winter, new CAC installed, fixed the Transmission cooler, my fault... What a mess under there, wire ties are toast, wire looms are falling apart... Guys, get under there and inspect. I'm pissed. Is everything made in China? Hoestly disgusted at what I saw under there, divorce kept me off track for a few months, but not happy with what I found. Nothing major, but a few items could be later on. Just saying... Get under there and look.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , JMBT
RE: Crawling under the truck...
So funny I thought the same thing yesterday, had to tighten a tranny cooler hose, craweled out to get all zip ties ( been under there a hundred time and still told the pup that there is alotof shi#t under here, all she did was lick here lips like I had something to eat).

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Waterloo
I'm getting under mine this weekend after I run some dye through the air system for a few days. I already know of 2 check valves I'm replacing...and I'm still chasing an air leak somewhere.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , gatow900
Smile RE: Crawling under the truck...
Yes can be frustrating finding out where parts are made I have a 2005 peterbilt Eaton steer axle made in Mexico almost all wiring harness made in Mexico. Eaton transmission made in Mexico some engine cast brackets and turbo piping and oil cooler piping on cat motor made in China. The Holland fifth wheel made in France. Makes you think this isn't right.[/i]
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I second ya Waterloo!! I am under mine, unfortunately, more days than I am not! But when I am I always try to look at everything. See what is coming for me down the road and what needs attention ASAP. Also with winter coming on it is a good time to get under there with a couple cans of black spray paint and do some “rust prohibiting”. I used to just grab the cheap stuff from walmart, but I have found equipment enamel from Atwood’s or Tractor supply, sticks around a bit longer.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , fargonaz
10-19-2017, (Subject: Crawling under the truck... ) 
(10-18-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  I second ya Waterloo!! I am under mine, unfortunately, more days than I am not! But when I am I always try to look at everything. See what is coming for me down the road and what needs attention ASAP. Also with winter coming on it is a good time to get under there with a couple cans of black spray paint and do some “rust prohibiting”. I used to just grab the cheap stuff from walmart, but I have found equipment enamel from Atwood’s or Tractor supply, sticks around a bit longer.

POR-15 is what I use. Heavy duty Marine spray a couple times a year for the stuff that should not be painted otherwise.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kryten , Waterloo , JMBT , fargonaz
(10-19-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  POR-15 is what I use. Heavy duty Marine spray a couple times a year for the stuff that should not be painted otherwise.

I started using Fluid Film last year. Get it in 1 gal can and spray it with a crappy touch up gun that never did give a proper spray pattern for paint. I did this last year sometime in the summer and it lasted to February until the shop washed my truck and made sure to get all the "dirt" off the frame.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Rawze
I’ll have to check those out POR-15, and Fluid Film. Thanks guys.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(10-18-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  I'm getting under mine this weekend after I run some dye through the air system for a few days. I already know of 2 check valves I'm replacing...and I'm still chasing an air leak somewhere.

What dye are you using and where do you put it in
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.