excessive blowby
10-20-2017, (Subject: excessive blowby ) 
excessive blowby
Would excessive blowby cause combustion gases go into valve area?
truck has 1.2m miles
boost dropped from 34psi to around 25psi currently and i would say EGT is down around 100F(so now i have around 400-500 cannot pass 800 climbing hills)
developed some oil leak at the back of an engine ,figured out is is from under rocker cover , tighten the screwes and now i have oil leak from driver side behind ecm and passanger side around thermostat housing,
popped the valve cover on hot engine and when cranking/running engine without cover have smoke coming out of driver corner top and bottom next to camshaft on driver side
I know the engine is worn out but any thoughts are appreciated.

Will try to test integrity off intake side over the weekend for leaks.
Exhaust side pressure dropped from 150 to 110 too on insite.
The blowby tube is not restricted and i have steady flow from there with leaking oil,too.
On running engine when i remove the cap from oil feel tube and put a hand there i feel a nice buildup of pressure.
replyreply
RE: excessive blowby
Sounds like it is time... When was the last time you did an overhead or roll new bearings in on the lower end? Which motor do you have?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , ktbtrucking , JMBT
Turbo could be bad and boosting into the crankcase.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze , ktbtrucking , JMBT
10-21-2017, (Subject: excessive blowby ) 
If it is not the turbo boosting into the crank case,... be glad you got 1.2 mil out of it and make time for an inframe. I know a lady that kept driving hers like that and a piston went through the block, had to buy a whole engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Brock , Waterloo , ktbtrucking , fargonaz , JMBT
Forgive my ignorance,but I'm just trying to visualize this...how does a bad turbo boost into the crankcase? I can see how blowby could do it, valve guides...

...yes I just woke up lol

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ktbtrucking
(10-21-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  Forgive my ignorance,but I'm just trying to visualize this...how does a bad turbo boost into the crankcase? I can see how blowby could do it, valve guides...

...yes I just woke up lol

If the oil seals are bad on the turbo, the exhaust gas or the compressed air can get by them straight into the crank case through the oil drain tube....making for some crazy high blow by.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2 , hhow55 , Brock , fargonaz , JMBT , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.