CM-871 Overhead...
10-22-2017, (Subject: CM-871 Overhead... ) 
RE: CM-871 Overhead...
I'm complicating this, I know... Talked to my buddy last night, he is out in Phoenix and plays around with aircraft motors. He also has an identical ProStar to mine.

I have everything apart, all ready to go as far as starting the overhead, but I am looking at the back two cylinders and asking myself, "Self, how the hell are you going to get your fat ass back there with that regular set of feeler gauges?"

Than the issue of my in/lb torque wrench came into play, mine is the CDI 0-300 in/lb dial unit... I'm wondering how accurate this will be at 8 in/lbs for the injectors? My buddy raised the same question, thinking a lesser unit of measurement in/lb wrench would be more accurate. So, I ordered a 0-30 in/lb CDI torque wrench. The feelers, I found a set of 90* feelers designed to get back under that firewall.

Here is the feeler gauge set... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SZ4...UTF8&psc=1

Here is the 0-30 in/lb CDI torque wrench... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013C...UTF8&psc=1

I want to make this a regular maintenance item that I can quickly and easily perform in my driveway. So, overthinking or not, I think these tools will help immensely in regards to accomplishing this task, especially #5 and #6 cylinders. I'll use my 0-300 in/lb to set the engine brake, so it will not go to waste. And a mirror. ;-)

I'm just anal about this stuff and can afford the tools, and the only reason I can afford the tools is because of all of you guys here. Thank you all for your help. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , JMBT , hhow55

Messages In This Thread
CM-871 Overhead... - Waterloo - 10-20-2017,
RE: CM-871 Overhead... - Waterloo - 10-22-2017
RE: CM-871 Overhead... - Rawze - 10-22-2017,
RE: CM-871 Overhead... - JMBT - 10-22-2017,
RE: CM-871 Overhead... - Rawze - 10-22-2017,
RE: CM-871 Overhead... - Rawze - 01-16-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.