CM-871 Overhead...
10-22-2017, (Subject: CM-871 Overhead... ) 
RE: CM-871 Overhead...
I have no idea why he didn't bother to stop by here and let me show him how its done. It is not rocket science. Most people waaay over think this job when they do it. I have also never had any kind of problem adjusting the #5 or #6 on any truck, even with my fat arsse. Also, in all actuality, the only set screw you have to hold in place while tightening the lock-nut is the small one for the engine brake. The injector set screw is tight enough that it will not turn on its own when torquing the lock nut. For the intake and exhaust set screws, there really is no need to hold them in place either when tightening the lock nut. This is especially true if you use a 0.015" on the intake valves and 0.028" on the exhaust valves. Just run the screw down finger tight, feeler gauge is snug, tighten the lock-nut to the specified torque. If you can get the feeler gauge out from under the rocker head by hand when it is all torqued and set, your good to go. All that wishy-0washy "gotta have a certain specific amount of drag to the feeler gauge" is complete bulls$it. Its a big clunky diesel engine, not a hinda civic.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , Waterloo , hhow55 , JMBT , Snuffy , rgreen

Messages In This Thread
CM-871 Overhead... - Waterloo - 10-20-2017,
RE: CM-871 Overhead... - Rawze - 10-22-2017,
RE: CM-871 Overhead... - JMBT - 10-22-2017,
RE: CM-871 Overhead... - Rawze - 10-22-2017
RE: CM-871 Overhead... - Rawze - 01-16-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.