Turbo and MPG...
10-21-2017, (Subject: Turbo and MPG... ) 
RE: Turbo and MPG...
I'm pretty sure they just want to gouge you for their POS reman. NEVER again. It isn't a bargin if you have to do the job twice.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
10-22-2017, (Subject: Turbo and MPG... ) 
Turbos are for the most part ok reman. I had a brand new turbo and actuator put on a company truck 7 years ago and made it 34 miles before it self destructed. This one on my truck is a reman and has almost 300k on it. Other than the oil slobber from the compressor side it does fine.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , barf
...what I'm getting out of this is to keep my spare handy until I know for sure I got a good one. My spare isn't great, but it'll make me at least drivable in the event that I loose a turbo, until I can get it fixed.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
I have helped plenty of people replace their turbos. Always get them from the stealershits. Only ever seen one with a problem. It had a tendency to slobber a bit, so the guy took it to a shop nearby here and they simply replaced the face seal in it and it stopped.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , barf
10-28-2017, (Subject: Turbo and MPG... ) 
Well it happened. I have either a turbo or actuator failure. Repositioning into Cincinnati, 20 miles out I started getting some really crazy behavior related to the turbo...not wanting to boost...too much boost...no boost...poor mileage...poor power and throttle response. Eww.
Insite reports over 300 counts today, both VGT mechanical position failure codes, though I can't get it to duplicate at idle (which makes sense, made it to my terminal here at least).Commanded and actual position while parked stays vaguely the same, within 2 degrees, but that's not under a load. Actuator position sensor signal voltage is also at zero while running.
I have a backup turbo and actuator with me. Plan was to pull the actuator, and check to see if my VG arm is still free. If so, replace the actuator. If it's jammed, replace the turbo and actuator. Spare turbo appears ok but I haven't had it on a running engine.
Can't do anything now. All these tools and I didn't bring my Allen wrenches. I'm a dumbass. It'll wait until tomorrow.
Kinda tired so I could have missed something. Already shut down. Anything I might be missing here to check?

Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
10-29-2017, (Subject: Turbo and MPG... ) 
That's funny, my 2250 has no position sensor voltage either(obviously it does, but it is not reported by insite), but mine is running... (knock on wood)
replyreply
(10-29-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  That's funny, my 2250 has no position sensor voltage either(obviously it does, but it is not reported by insite), but mine is running... (knock on wood)

There is no position sensor voltage because it is a J1939 device and not hard-wired to the eCM.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
Try forcing a regen, that will simulate being under a load, and see if the commanded and actual are the same. If not shut it down. If the actuator hasn’t been functioning for a while it may have damaged the turbo too. So I would replace both. Sorry you are having to deal with this crap brother, but you will get it figured out!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
It's had a permanent regen so that won't work.

Started working ok today. Then started falling off again when I started coming into Baltimore. Guess it doesn't like getting hot anymore. I did manage to get some Allen wrenches, so I'll be doing it when I shut it down early tomorrow...only have 3 left on my 70. Sitting outside the customer right now taking a 10. Weather hasn't been cooperating either.

Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.