Any way to know??
10-22-2017, (Subject: Any way to know?? ) 
RE: Any way to know??
(10-22-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Hammer: thanks for the feedback!! Yeah I was looking at the cummins spring compressor. I found it on line for $391 I think, then I believe they showed a special tool for seating the new seals and one for seating the injectors?? I like your idea of the pliers for removal and a deep socket for installing the seals that will save some bucks. I was also thinking of getting a small indexable pry bar like Rawze had in his 871 injector video for prying up the injectors to remove them. I have a shi#t-ton of pry bars, but none that are indexable. Trying to gather everything I need. I haven’t ever pulled injectors before so that is a bit scary, but I watched Rawzes video on the 871 injectors, and I’m thinking it should be a bit easier on the 2250 because of no injector cam. Anyway, that’s how you learn right, I have to try it sometime.
I think I will try and inspect them first, like you mentioned, with a light and mag glass. If I could just get some kind of a visual confirmation before I start pulling injectors that would be great. Any other tips or tricks you can pass along would be much appreciated!

Follow all procedures and cautions. Working on common rail injector systems can be extremely dangerous with the high pressure fuel. Have someone familiar with the system go over it with you as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JMBT , hhow55

Messages In This Thread
Any way to know?? - JMBT - 10-21-2017,
RE: Any way to know?? - JMBT - 10-22-2017,
RE: Any way to know?? - Rawze - 10-22-2017
RE: Any way to know?? - Unilevers - 10-22-2017,
RE: Any way to know?? - JMBT - 10-24-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.