Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away
11-07-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
RE: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away
(11-06-2017 )Jamescj212 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 )trucklogger2 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 )Shokar92 Wrote:  Could I also put a different part numbered Turbo on there? Or does it have to be the exact same one? I don't want problems just noticed that some of the turbo suppliers are cheaper on the Eastern side of the side US than over here on the Western side.
Try {name removed}. They are about a 45 min drive from you and you may benefit from the exchange.
Everybody is big about OEM parts Which means if it's a Cummins part you get it from Cummins and not China or South Africa xandra also peterbilt wouldn't be the ones to have it since your motor is a Cummins motor and that's Commons produced Turbo from what I see What I see so if I was you I would just call them with the number and start pricing stuff out yadayada

I agree with something critical like a turbo. Is the re-man/repair company going to buy you a new engine if the turbo fails and causes engine runaway? - That would be my first question by a third party turbo repair shop or sales facility, and to get an answer in writing.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid18943

Just some things to think about is all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
11-11-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
I bought a rebuilt turbo from Cummins Houston. It cost me $5400 plus $1100 for the acutator. Installed it and the truck started. Took the truck up North to Edmonton at 3 am with no phone service. Derated my truck. Drove it 20 miles to a Kenworth Dealer, Was told I need a new DPF filter and SCR was toast. There was another shop down the road that I knew about for a while and I got it towed to them for free. They checked it and told me the same thing and pulled the DPF filter and got it cleaned by Cummins who cracked the DPF filter... and then tell me it looked fine on the bench but failed the test. paid around $1500 buck for that. So cut the story short I paid $3800 and my trucks a bad boy now and will be ready at 3 pm today. I will update you guys every 20,000 miles with pictures and vidoes including fuel receipts prior and before. I am a farmer/trucker and I can do what I want..... Everyone has their own opinions Im just going to keep you in the loop and see what really happens.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BobsYourUncle
11-11-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
(11-11-2017 )Shokar92 Wrote:  I bought a rebuilt turbo from Cummins Houston. It cost me $5400 plus $1100 for the acutator. Installed it and the truck started. Took the truck up North to Edmonton at 3 am with no phone service. Derated my truck. Drove it 20 miles to a Kenworth Dealer, Was told I need a new DPF filter and SCR was toast. There was another shop down the road that I knew about for a while and I got it towed to them for free. They checked it and told me the same thing and pulled the DPF filter and got it cleaned by Cummins who cracked the DPF filter... and then tell me it looked fine on the bench but failed the test. paid around $1500 buck for that. So cut the story short I paid $3800 and my trucks a bad boy now and will be ready at 3 pm today. I will update you guys every 20,000 miles with pictures and vidoes including fuel receipts prior and before. I am a farmer/trucker and I can do what I want..... Everyone has their own opinions Im just going to keep you in the loop and see what really happens.

I can only assume you mean you de-mandated it ...

Problem is that there are more bad delete programs and shops out there than a person can shake a stick at. If it was not done by one of the recommended members on here, then i would highly recommend having the work and programming thoroughly checked out. Don't fool yourself,.. there is a lot of engine and turbo destroying shops out there and they all seem to "know what theyre doing" so to speak and talk a good game.

Don't be some shops next victim. Here is some info...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

Never trade emissions issues with engine failure issues. It gets expensive fast.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Sounds like he has it figured out......
replyreply
11-12-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
(11-11-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 )Shokar92 Wrote:  I bought a rebuilt turbo from Cummins Houston. It cost me $5400 plus $1100 for the acutator. Installed it and the truck started. Took the truck up North to Edmonton at 3 am with no phone service. Derated my truck. Drove it 20 miles to a Kenworth Dealer, Was told I need a new DPF filter and SCR was toast. There was another shop down the road that I knew about for a while and I got it towed to them for free. They checked it and told me the same thing and pulled the DPF filter and got it cleaned by Cummins who cracked the DPF filter... and then tell me it looked fine on the bench but failed the test. paid around $1500 buck for that. So cut the story short I paid $3800 and my trucks a bad boy now and will be ready at 3 pm today. I will update you guys every 20,000 miles with pictures and vidoes including fuel receipts prior and before. I am a farmer/trucker and I can do what I want..... Everyone has their own opinions Im just going to keep you in the loop and see what really happens.

I can only assume you mean you de-mandated it ...

Problem is that there are more bad delete programs and shops out there than a person can shake a stick at. If it was not done by one of the recommended members on here, then i would highly recommend having the work and programming thoroughly checked out. Don't fool yourself,.. there is a lot of engine and turbo destroying shops out there and they all seem to "know what theyre doing" so to speak and talk a good game.

Don't be some shops next victim. Here is some info...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

Never trade emissions issues with engine failure issues. It gets expensive fast.

unilever is up there by edmonton
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Shokar92
11-12-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
I PM'd Unilever I haven't got a respond back can anyone forward me his contact info please
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.