Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away
11-04-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
RE: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away
If your nozzle moves back and forth smoothly then yes you only need the actuator if its stuck you might be able to free it up but it will probably stick again at the most inopportune time. Replace it would be better. If the acctuator wasn't installed properly for some reason it may have gone 180 and lost its reference and just needs to be properly calibrated
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , Shokar92
11-04-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
(11-04-2017 )Shokar92 Wrote:  It started!! It's on the turbo side. I am going to follow Rawze's video and take the turbo actuator off my question is now if the actuator is bad and turbo looks okay is it fine just to just change the actuator out and leave the turbo? Obviously peterbilt thinks this is a bad idea..
So the engine started with turbo disconnected? If so remove the actuator and try to move turbo gear sector by the hand. If it's moving freely from max to max the turbo is ok.
Then check what is wrong with actuator. Have someone to help and turn ignition key ON (actuator is dismounted from turbo) Is actuator acting somehow? Making noise, gear trying to move?
Keep your fingers away from gear.
Good luck and do not listen morons. All they know is how to take your hard earned money.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , Shokar92
Hi I just opened a quickserve account righht now and the only reason I called the mobile guys was so I could get the codes from the ECM. The first guy didnt have the right computer so I thought I would try one more time with sone that had Insite (which I have ordered now..) only reason I called them. I hate computers but future is here... which sucks but gotta live with it.

Thank you sChISM I should of have listened to you a little sooner.

I disconnected the pipe from the EGR cooler to the manifold and she started right away.

Tomorrow morning I will take the actuator off and report back

Last question I have is if the Turbo is bad do I need Insite to install the new one because my program is not coming for two weeks still.

and I would like to thank everyone and thank you Rawze I appreciate it!
replyreply
Yes you need Insite to calibrate actuator before installation.
replyreply
If I was to buy a Brand new or rebuilt turbo from Cummins does it not come with the actuator installed? would I require Insite just to swap the turbos?
replyreply
(11-04-2017 )Shokar92 Wrote:  If I was to buy a Brand new or rebuilt turbo from Cummins does it not come with the actuator installed? would I require Insite just to swap the turbos?
Are you sure you need to buy turbo?
replyreply
11-05-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
Before wasting money on new turbo i would check exhaust downstream after turbo. Could be clogged SCR. Easy to check for "volcano"
Truck was sitting long time and crystals could melt in concrete like substance with atmospheric humid.
You are on the right trail don't rush.
replyreply
11-05-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
(11-04-2017 )schISM Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  You don't need to unbolt turbo. Just disconnect intake side from CAC.
Did you have open account on Cummins quick serve to educate yourself or you like to be milked dry by mobile service or any other morons who wants your money for nothing?
Here is picture where to disconnect and PDF from cummins what to check.

Sorry Snailxpress but that won't do any good to remove that cac boot. True you don't have to remove the turbo mounting bolts(but your gonna when you find out its the turbo) you can also remove the egr piping like Seyer76 suggested. If the engine is turning over but won't start on ether then either something has gone terribly wrong in the front geartrain and your cam isn't spinning allowing the valves to open and close(unlikely) or something is preventing the engine from moving the intake charge into the combustion chamber like an obstructed exhaust. The vgt can restrict exhaust flow to nothing and create just such an obstruction. It's been discussed on here before(use the search) your goal to diagnose just such a problem is to vent the exhaust manifold before the turbo. If it starts and runs once vented you've found the problem. Good luck.

Yeah brain fart after day long driving unload find another load and pickup. Was thinking to point on EGR pipe.
replyreply
Okay wait what if I have disconnect the pipe from the turbo that goes to SCR and try starting it? if the engine starts that means theres a clog downstream and if it doesnt that means its the turbo?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.