Turbo/actuator set ?
10-27-2017, (Subject: Turbo/actuator set ? ) 
RE: Turbo/actuator set ?
Rawze, what did your stealership there charge you for a turbo?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
10-27-2017, (Subject: Turbo/actuator set ? ) 
(10-27-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-27-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(10-27-2017 )Brock Wrote:  
(10-27-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  I was told the same out of Memphis. Brand new plus actuator was $5100, no core.

This is getting silly. $5100 for a damn turbo. Talk about taking it in the poopchute.

Everything is getting like that... I about fell over when I went to replace a cross brace for my flip down bumper on the ProStar. $170.00 for a 4' long metal tube. Dimmer switch assembly, $450.00... They keep a tube of KY at the Stealership with my name on it.

My driver smoked a deer and took out the front flip down bumper. Dealership told me $3800cdn not painted! For that flimsy piece of crap lol

Bought one off a guy for $150 cause he put a bambi basher on his when it was new.

LOL! I already have my Bambi Basher picked out! I think I was qouted around $5000 for a new chrome bumper from the dealer. I can get a Herd delivered for $4500. I want one, to much crap in the roads up here and to many deer. My bumper is pretty busted up on the inside, still looks good on the outside, but she has not got long...

Where are you guys getting quoted the redicioulous prices? -- I purchased the whole lower OEM bumper assy, frame and all + had to pay to have it shipped from ohio last month for $1600 form the stealershit. they offered me a cheaper flimsy after-market one for $800 and I said no.

Actually, unless it splits into 10,000 pieces, it is easy to plastic weld one up and make it look really nice if it gets hit. I have fixed mine several times over the years by plastic welding it when it gets hit + touch-up paint and it always looked great. I only replaced it this time because it got shattered into 10,0000 pieces this time because wife hit 2 deer at once.
It's called Canada , times 10 if your in oil patch country , lol

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Waterloo
10-28-2017, (Subject: Turbo/actuator set ? ) 
(10-27-2017 )Grizzly Wrote:  
(10-27-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  You got a brand new OEM turbo for the 871? All I could get was a reman, was told they stopped making new for the 871, RX Turbos only. Sounds like they are now available, eh?

Seems so. Rx was only about 500 cheaper. I pulled up Holset and located dealers. Ohio was a couple hundred more than here in Indy. I’ve asked repeatedly that it’s new and not reman. Initial inspection looks new. Couldn’t get it on today since Mother Nature decided water the flowers.

Please check if it is an RX number. Many of us I would think will want to know.
The number they used didn’t have rx in it, just
HL 535064100 serial P1606240083
They shipped it from they’re Louisville place to Indy.
replyreply
Link is bang on! Edmonton quoted me, canadian funny money plus import and shipping costs.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(10-28-2017 )Brock Wrote:  Link is bang on! Edmonton quoted me, canadian funny money plus import and shipping costs.

Michigan is the same way as Canada it seems in the way of pricing. We have one International dealership chain in my neck of the woods, and they have us over a barrel. The other dealership chains are 100+ miles in any other direction. Their prices are much better. But it takes half a day to go get parts, so you kind of suck it up if you need it asap. Which is usually the case unless the savings is just to much to pass up, like on my new CAC... $1,400 at my local guy, $1,139 at the competition. I drove the 200+ miles round trip for that one, sad thing, I had to take the old one back! No one told me their was a damn core charge on the thing.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.