Oil cooler
10-27-2017, (Subject: Oil cooler ) 
Oil cooler
On 05 cm870 475hp cpl 8519 does anyone know how many cooling units are in the oil cooler? I thought there was two separate units one on each side but ive heard it may depend on hp rating. Maybe higher hp rated engines only have two idk?? Anybody????
replyreply
RE: Oil cooler
It seems to me that it was hit and miss with them but maybe someone else knows more detail.

Either case, I have never seen the single element oil cooler not be able to keep up on one, even at 600+ HP.

If you have excess oil temp issues, then it is most likely something wrong.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
have 06 cm870 475hp and it has one oil cooler
replyreply
10-28-2017, (Subject: Oil cooler ) 
My theory is that it was not HP related but CPL and manufacturer truck model related. Or rather a combination.. ie above a certain HP on a truck with poor airflow you would see one.. then eventually they changed the material the element was made out of and stuck with mostly 1 element. You can enter your ESN into quickserve lookup your oil cooler in the parts catalog portion of your engine and it should specify how many elements were built in that engine. Quickserve is free to register up to 5 engines and very nice to have.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Signature620
10-31-2017, (Subject: Oil cooler ) 
Dual element housings are no longer available, just an FYI.
replyreply
11-01-2017, (Subject: Oil cooler ) 
(10-28-2017 )bazdan902 Wrote:  My theory is that it was not HP related but CPL and manufacturer truck model related. Or rather a combination.. ie above a certain HP on a truck with poor airflow you would see one.. then eventually they changed the material the element was made out of and stuck with mostly 1 element. You can enter your ESN into quickserve lookup your oil cooler in the parts catalog portion of your engine and it should specify how many elements were built in that engine. Quickserve is free to register up to 5 engines and very nice to have.

You mentioned poor air flow. Iyo would a truck with a high hp rating and very poor air flow cause problems with high oil temps?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.