Radiator Petcock valve broke... So I replaced it...
10-28-2017, (Subject: Radiator Petcock valve broke... So I replaced it... ) 
Radiator Petcock valve broke... So I replaced it...
Screwing with my cooling system... Got her all drained out via the Tri-Pac, but still had to get the rest of the coolant out of the system at the radiator. This did not look good, I gently turned the petcock valve at the bottom of the radiator and SNAP! The little handle just snapped right off... GRRRRRR!

When I first bought the truck, there was a male Compucheck fitting on the radiator, it started leaking and I replaced with an old fashioned petcock valve, the one that just broke. Well I wanted a new fitting, a Compucheck fitting, that I could use like an airline fitting to drain the coolant system. I like to replace the coolant every year, just prior to winter. I know, anal, but that is just me.

I called around and found this... I went with the BH1-60 and BH1-61
https://www.parker.com/literature/Quick%...ctionB.pdf

I went with the Brass one, bought the male and female, The male fitting is a 1/4 NPT so securing it to the radiator was a breeze. I bought 8' of clear 3/8 ID hose up at Home Depot, a small brass 1/4" NPT brass ball valve, female both sides, and three 1/4" NPT male by 3/8" hose barbs and some teflon tape...

I installed the male end of the coupling in the radiator. I put a hose barb in the female coupling, attached the 3/8 ID clear hose to that, left a few inches and cut the hose, that is where I put my new little brass valve with the other two hose bars, put it all together, and now it is easy peasy to drain the radiator!

I am sure there are other ways to do this, but I was able to source this particular coupling at the local Parker Exotic store, I think I paid around $30 for the coupling, if that. Doesn't matter, I'm happy, and now have a quick and easy way to drain the coolant system. Sweet!

I'll throw the hose with the valve in the truck and keep her there in case something happens on the road and we need to drain the coolant.

Here are some photos...

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201710/post_218_1509227611_91ce38c6d63acd91225d7028a97dcae5.jpg./uploads/201710/post_218_1509227968_39ed315e5c644aae879ce555408f8305.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099 , fargonaz , Rawze , gatow900 , hhow55 , stevesparts , Kiroisx , Kid Rock , ZeroNthedark , PuroCumminsPower
10-28-2017, (Subject: Radiator Petcock valve broke... So I replaced it... ) 
RE: Radiator Petcock valve broke... So I replaced it...
I like this.. Might have to look into this for my kw..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.