Heat to put a gear on?
11-01-2017, (Subject: Heat to put a gear on? ) 
Heat to put a gear on?
Not sure if I'm in the right section but I have a c13 I'm working on and the front gears are needing replaced one chipped and now all the gears have chunks out of them.
I removed the cam which I ordered new(lifter destroyed a lobe) comes with the gear pressed on. the idler gear easy bolt it right in now the one on the crank needs cut off no problem I can handle that the new one I'm told from a friend that works for a local cat dealer heat it to 400 degrees and slide it on.
My question is how are different ways you guys used this technique to put gears on with heat
Easy bake oven?
replyreply
11-01-2017, (Subject: Heat to put a gear on? ) 
RE: Heat to put a gear on?
(11-01-2017 )Hetdiesel Wrote:  heat it to 400 degrees and slide it on.
My question is how are different ways you guys used this technique to put gears on with heat
Easy bake oven?

When I did my rear bearing races a few months ago I followed Rawze's teachings and used the oven in my kitchen and a laser temp gun to get the hubs up to 400 degrees. But then again I don't have a spousal unit to bitch and moan that I'm destroying her oven.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , Hetdiesel
11-02-2017, (Subject: Heat to put a gear on? ) 
RE: Heat to put a gear on?
(11-01-2017 )kryten Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 )Hetdiesel Wrote:  heat it to 400 degrees and slide it on.
Easy bake oven?

When I did my rear bearing races a few months ago I followed Rawze's teachings and used the oven in my kitchen and a laser temp gun to get the hubs up to 400 degrees. But then again I don't have a spousal unit to bitch and moan that I'm destroying her oven.

HOORAH,TO BEING SINGLE!!!! LOL

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kryten

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.