CM871 Passenger Side Oil Leak
11-05-2017, (Subject: CM871 Passenger Side Oil Leak ) 
CM871 Passenger Side Oil Leak
Hi All,

Hope everyone is well...

Got an oil leak on the passenger side towards the front of the engine, not sure if it’s the oil cooler, cam/crankshaft seals, cam covers or the entire front assembly? I guess I won’t be able to tell till I start pulling the front assembly apart.

Have attached some pictures if anyone could steer me in the right direction before I start pulling things apart, shall give it a wash and let it run for a while and see if it’s visible.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

replyreply
11-05-2017, (Subject: CM871 Passenger Side Oil Leak ) 
RE: CM871 Passenger Side Oil Leak
I know that when the cam bearings are worn down it contributes greatly to the cam seals behind the gear cover leaking at the front of the head. Maybe that is some helpful info, maybe not.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: multitask
11-22-2017, (Subject: CM871 Passenger Side Oil Leak ) 
Hey Rawze, I think it’s the cam gear housing leaking where it joins to the engine. Is it common for them to warp?

Thanks again
replyreply
I'd clean and degrease that area really well, put some oil dye in, then run it under a load for half an hour or so and see if she glows.

I know when I had a leak up front, it was hell finding it because the fan had a tendency to push the oil EVERYWHERE.

Keep in mind excessive crankcase pressure can force more oil out too. Have you changed it recently or drilled it out? With mine drilled out, I still have a little more pressure than I want to see under load (worn rings, no doubt). I was also leaking from the Jake harness into the head.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
(11-22-2017 )multitask Wrote:  Hey Rawze, I think it’s the cam gear housing leaking where it joins to the engine. Is it common for them to warp?

Thanks again

Not sure, but if it is leaking from behind the front gear cover at the overhead cam, it is most often a a sign that the cam bearings in the head are done for and showing a lot of copper. If that is the case, it it time for a new head, as the rest of it is worn out too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Great now I’m getting nervous
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.