Found this to Cook in the truck with...
11-05-2017, (Subject: Found this to Cook in the truck with... ) 
Found this to Cook in the truck with...
Maybe this will help someone, back on my diet and needed a way to quickly cook steak and eggs... Not a bad diet eh? I was watching TV one night and saw this thing... https://www.buy5minutechef.com

This thing is the BOMB! My 1800 watt inverter doesn't even flinch. Cooks eggs perfectly, and the steaks are fantastic! I get those $2 steaks at the Meijers up here, like a Walmart but much better...

This thing is small, just a tad bit bigger than your forearm, so it takes up little to no room in the cab. And the cleanup, just wipe it out with paper towel. I told my buddy about it, he went to Target and picked one up, now we are shooting each other photos of our meals! LOL!

Here is Jim's meal...

./uploads/201711/post_218_1509900860_67ed98e439cbb64385e62e19d0693e71.jpeg

Here is mine... MMMMMMMMM

./uploads/201711/post_218_1509900922_ae8d4b1d2bf37b533c415fe79659f0b8.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , fargonaz , Tcarpenter , LargeCar
RE: Found this to Cook in the truck with...
Love it! I had a panini grill that I would cook chicken on, made the mistake of frying a steak once..... truck stunk for 2 days lol

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
10-4 on the smell, no onions! LOL! I have one of these units mounted under the CB in the ProStar, yacht/cabin fan, open the window and put it on high, really moves some air and is virtually silent. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NYT...UTF8&psc=1

Worth every penny!
replyreply
What's wrong with cooking on the exhaust manifold. Lol. Dad told me stories how they did things back in the day. One of these day's I'm gonna try it. Always wondered how you otr eat. This looks like a fine way, only way better would be a little charcoal grill.
replyreply
(11-05-2017 )Fergie Wrote:  What's wrong with cooking on the exhaust manifold. Lol. Dad told me stories how they did things back in the day. One of these day's I'm gonna try it. Always wondered how you otr eat. This looks like a fine way, only way better would be a little charcoal grill.

Actually had a guy here once who wanted me to help him check out a truck he juts got. I found chicken bones and all kinds of nasty buildup between the exhaust manifold and the block.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , LargeCar
(11-05-2017 )Fergie Wrote:  What's wrong with cooking on the exhaust manifold. Lol. Dad told me stories how they did things back in the day. One of these day's I'm gonna try it. Always wondered how you otr eat. This looks like a fine way, only way better would be a little charcoal grill.

I was teaming years ago and we tried it on one of the first Detroit Series 60's, didn't work. LOL!
replyreply
Jeremy Clarkson tries manifold cooking and feeds it to Gordon Ramsay. The talk of cooking starts at 02:00.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
11-07-2017, (Subject: Found this to Cook in the truck with... ) 
(11-05-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Actually had a guy here once who wanted me to help him check out a truck he juts got. I found chicken bones and all kinds of nasty buildup between the exhaust manifold and the block.

Rookie mistake.
If you wanna be a Turbo Chef you have to wrap the food well in tin foil, not sissy like, but several layers. I like to use the foil pans you can buy, they are a good foundation, cause
Rule #1 of Turbo Chefin, your cooking with too damn much heat! You need several layers of foil to reduce the heat transfer, and you need three times more butter or oil than you do BBQing or it's gonna dry out.
Rule #2 of Turbo Chefin, cook on the flats boys, the pulls on hills or mountains produces too much heat. I-80 across Nebraska will cook a damn fine tenderloin!
Rule #3 of Turbo Chefin, when edumacatin a new Turbo Chef always tell them to ease into it. Start with a nice can of beans or a can of chili....but don't you dare tell them to poke a hole in the top of the can to let the pressure out, it takes all the fun away, lol

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kryten , LargeCar

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.