2007 Cummins ism issues
11-05-2017, (Subject: 2007 Cummins ism issues ) 
2007 Cummins ism issues
I'm having problems with the turbo I think? I've always had a slight cough and black smoke out the exhaust if you lugged it. Wouldn't do it all the time. Also I thought to myself that you can here the turbo alot at idle through the exhaust pipe.

Anyways, the motor has gotten rougher almost like it's missing.

Now when you start it there is sounds of air coming from the turbo area, like it's building to much pressure.

If you put a wrench on the actuator arm and move it up The chuffin noise goes away and you can here the turbo, motor seems to run better when I do that but still has a "miss" to it but the build up of air goes away.

You can barely drive it, it feels your driving a car with bad plug wires lol.

There is no check engine lights on. Also I don't know if this is related but the engine oil dipsit is the style you turn to get tight. It has blown the dipstick out 3 time in last week

Thanks for the help[/b]
replyreply
RE: 2007 Cummins ism issues
Blowing the dipstick out is not a good sign! LOL! Incoming! Sorry, I had to go there... You are building pressure, and I would imagine the turbo is oil cooled, maybe it is time for a new one, along with a new actuator, as it does not sound like either is working properly. They do wear out. And lugging these motors is not good. Are you popping any codes?
replyreply
There is no codes at all,
I took off the actuator? The silver thing. I can't move it even if I press it on the floor lol

The part of the turbo that it bolts to moves super free and there is air coming from the line that goes to the actuator (silver thing) when it's running.

The turbo was replaced before I got truck 100k miles ago, there is no play I can tell in the turbo at all.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
11-06-2017, (Subject: 2007 Cummins ism issues ) 
looks like cm870, do you have insite ( you can check actuator under tests with it)
is the truck demandated? hoe many miles
so with a wrench you were able to move it when mounted on turbo and when you dissasembled it from the turbo actuator(silver thing) arm do not move ? there is only a spring inside it
also if you idling there is no much pressure on exhaust side so moving actuator arm/shroud plate should not do much of a difference
if it is not demandated it might be egr valve sticking and it causes black smoke
if your oil dipstick goes out it means you have a lot of pressure in crankshaft area,
what about blowby tube?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: race7820000
I took to Cummins, they did cut out test and said cylinder 1 and 2 failed .

So evidently it had bad injectors

I need a computer so bad
replyreply
If you change the injectors yourself, remove the little sleeves from the valve cover gasket after you take the bolts out. You really don't wanna be fishing around for them if they fall into a pushrod style engine.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.