Programming
11-06-2017, (Subject: Programming ) 
Programming
Anyone got up to date instructions for programming?
replyreply
RE: Programming
No such luck

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(11-06-2017 )FullTilt Wrote:  Anyone got up to date instructions for programming?

This place is not specifically a tuning forum. I started this forum because I was either kicked off other forums, or had my posts edited/removed by them. I have an objective opinion and refuse to blindly accept all the BS I see everywhere mostly just designed to take truck owners hard earned money or exploit them in some way. God forbid someone have an objective opinion and question the validity and quality of things. God forbid someone might actually want a high standard of quality for the money they have to shell out when they do get something done.

This forum it is mostly for helping truck owners with their trucks through educating themselves and helping to solve real problems with long term profitability in mind. Therefore it is not so much a custom tuning forum. Only problem with that is this ...

There are so many hundreds of dumbarsses (self-proclaimed custom tuning and delete 'pros') out there butchering ECM's and blabbering they are the so-called experts. They mostly have a lot of false promises and engine destroying ways, but hide behind this fake fancy web-site and ego-driven ideas that more, more, more is better. - This creates the very real problem of truck owners that are trading one problem for much bigger problems. - There is no profit whatsoever in de-mandating a truck or having custom ecm work done if all your going to do is trade repeating dpf issues with repeating engine failures long term. There are so many uneducated brain butcher shops out there doing just this, that someone somewhere needs to help truck owners make their own decisions so they don't become the next victim.

- That is why I allow some of the discussion about engine ECM tuning on my forum. It is mostly to educate the guy who owns the equipment, and some have taken that curiosity to the extreme. I don't blame them. It effects their bottom dollar directly at the end of the day.

Although I have an extensive background in automated control systems, I had to learn all that stuff just like anyone else has. Sad part is that I don't do it for a living, yet most the guys who do are completely clueless when I ask them basic questions directly related to their self-proclaimed profession.

- Its like asking a carpenter/contractor what methods they use to secure the carpet near the walls of your house before hiring them,.. and they come back with -- "I never though of that". -- or in the custom tuning world, it is more like the contractor getting mad at you and arguing instead, "You don't need to do that, just don't go walk around in the room and get it out of place when I am done".

- its like asking an electrician doing a home television repair why he used electrical tape and twisted exposed wires to hold down that component he just replaced instead of soldering it to the board and shielding it properly. - In the custom tuning world, the answer you get it "its my secret and special method to make it better" -- instead of the actual answer of "I don't know how to solder, and don't care to learn to because I am going to take your money just the same".

As a truck owner myself, I was not satisfied with the 'bad tv repairman' ways and never will be. sorry, but I care deeply about my equipment. When i first started learning NOT A SINGLE PERSON OR ECM PROGRAMMER I met could answer my basic concerns about my model enigne. They all seemed fairly ok at supressing the DPF and EGr systems with some hack and slash butcher method or another, but fell far short at all the rest of the things needed to get the engine and turbo right again. So what did I resort to doing? -- I set out to understand it myself and take it well past the extreme with the notion of "someone's got to say something about this". otherwise, the endless spread of custom tuning engine destroying ignorance will never end.

Here is a similar post for someone else trying to learn more ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid16638

To answer your question ... Instructions no,.. some generalized discussion about doing things the right ways vs butchering --> some, yes.

like here...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid15548

and here...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid16780

and this section of the forum...
http://rawze.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=79

=====

More detailed stuff for those who want to dig deeper and/or talk about the 'gears that make it grind' so to speak is better discussed on mumble...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...78#pid4978

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , barf , ZeroNthedark , rrod , Hedley , JMBT , Vsdanlihn , Oldad6150
11-08-2017, (Subject: Programming ) 
Thanks @rawze
replyreply
11-09-2017, (Subject: Programming ) 
"just don't walk around on it when I am done"!! LMAO

So glad I found someone to do it the right way (thank you Gearhead)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.