Clutch brake
11-10-2017, (Subject: Clutch brake ) 
RE: Clutch brake
Mr hagg put mine in as well as rear mounts, install kit with input shaft, resurface flywheel, new rear main seal and a few other small repairs for under $2400.
replyreply
11-10-2017, (Subject: Clutch brake ) 
(11-10-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  [quote='Magard' pid='20498' dateline='1510300486']
Drive it. As long as through out bearing it’s howling. Replacement clutch is close to 3 grand. I just had one put in. $3200. Big clutch.

Wow! I paid $1200 for a 2250ft/lbs Lipe.
Mind you, I'll be doing the install myself when this little rush is over.
[/quote
I had it done. Sometimes your just to tried.
replyreply
11-11-2017, (Subject: Clutch brake ) 
The dealer gave me an Easton part number of 208925-82 and said it was $600. Are you guys upgrading to a higher quality/heavier duty clutch? If so please tell me which one you guys recommend. Thanks in advance
replyreply
(11-10-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  Mr hagg put mine in as well as rear mounts, install kit with input shaft, resurface flywheel, new rear main seal and a few other small repairs for under $2400.

That's a great deal and pretty impressive on the depth of work,most clutch jobs that go poorly or fail are because of skipping these steps!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
(11-11-2017 )dodges1515 Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  Mr hagg put mine in as well as rear mounts, install kit with input shaft, resurface flywheel, new rear main seal and a few other small repairs for under $2400.

That's a great deal and pretty impressive on the depth of work,most clutch jobs that go poorly or fail are because of skipping these steps!

Agreed, that is a very good price for known quality work. I ain't gettin it done for anywhere near that around home, hence me doing it myself.
I have another flywheel already freshly ground and ready to go. Last time I did my clutch, I couldn't get my flywheel ground for several days, so I bought a used one already done. The "ready to go" is my original, and it will go in this time and I can take this (used) one to my buddy and have it done at his leisure, and my $$ savings...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(11-11-2017 )Genovese45 Wrote:  The dealer gave me an Easton part number of 208925-82 and said it was $600. Are you guys upgrading to a higher quality/heavier duty clutch? If so please tell me which one you guys recommend. Thanks in advance

Depends what you do.
If you haul regular 80k box freight and run a 1650tq engine, a 1650 rated clutch would be fine, and about that price. If you are paying someone to do this job for you, upgrading to an 1850tq clutch might sound like overkill, however you would then remove the clutch as your "weak link", and it's also the biggest pain in the ass to fix if it does fail you. So only you can evaluate that for yourself, just another way to look at it.
Rawze got about a million miles out of his, and I believe his was a 1650tq rated, so if your really easy on equipment like he is, probably unnecessary.
I use Lipe high torque rated clutches because I haul very heavy and sometimes have to pull hard at low speeds in ugly conditions and this is where you can make a clutch slip or destroy them. If you do lots of stop n go with my clutch, your left leg would be twice the size of your right. An Eaton EasyPedal it is not.
I've got a buddy that got a clutch from those crazy French Canadian truck racers, and I don't think I could hold it for a long light...don't get one of those!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Genovese45
11-18-2017, (Subject: Clutch brake ) 
Just a dump truck 27k lbs empty 67k lbs fully loaded What do you think
replyreply
11-18-2017, (Subject: Clutch brake ) 
(11-18-2017 )Genovese45 Wrote:  Just a dump truck 27k lbs empty 67k lbs fully loaded What do you think

Match the engine torque rating and you'll have more than enough, you're not very likely to abuse it unless you play in big mud puddles and get stuck a lot...

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Genovese45
11-21-2017, (Subject: Clutch brake ) 
I have never had to replace a clutch because the lining was worn out but because dampening springs break in clutch discs when that happens it is hard to get in gear and will eventually cause you not to be able to get in gear when stopped at all but usually you can shut truck off put in gear push clutch in start truck and take off again. If you have to do that to get home or to shop just try not to come to complete stop unless you can down shift or roll slow enough you can get in low gear so you can have it in gear when you stop with clutch down.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , Rawze , ktbtrucking

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.