Poly bushings
11-14-2017, (Subject: Poly bushings ) 
Poly bushings
Got a new set of front springs in for my truck. No bushings. Figures.

Since I'm rebuilding the steer axle soon, I figured this would be a good time to consider poly. What I know of poly from personal experience is that is can be both a blessing and a curse...they are alot more durable than rubber, and stiffer, so while they may last longer and help minimize suspension slop, poly in certain places...like spring eyes, motor mounts and cab bushings...can make for a harsher ride. I also know if they get dry or are installed dry, they bind and creek like mad as the suspension moves.

I could see a benefit from something like hood pins (durability) and torque rod bushings. I'm going to end up replacing the bushings and pins either way, and my current units are used up and ungreasable so I don't mind upgrading if durability improves.

Who has used these and how do you like them? Where did you install yours? Do you use regular grease or a tube of polyurethane grease to lube yours?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
11-15-2017, (Subject: Poly bushings ) 
RE: Poly bushings
Personally, I would think that poly torque bars on the rears would have slight benefit for load transfer. I have considered this myself... Even considered buying some cheap brand and hollowing the rubber out of them just to pour my own.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , hhow55 , fargonaz , JMBT
I guess I'm afraid of assembling it all and making it ride harsh.

I'm considering using Horton roller bushings and pins with these.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
The Atro bushings popped out to me because they are free rotational..... Which in my mind, may help to make for a smoother ride.

I thought the eye and torque rods might be especially good for my off-road truck.

I have yet to try them and I seem to remember one member here saying they didn't last.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
This doesn't address original question from dhirocz, but as far as rear bars, this is what I went with.

http://websst.triangleusa.com/system/tec...1354028008

Didn't want to take a day, or maybe two, off to get originals replaced, so these were good as I could assemble them as time allowed. Price is similar to OE, maybe a little less. Don't know about longevity as they've only been on a month or so, but they do take a beating because I have a rubber block suspension.

The ball-and-socket design is nice for being able to rotate, a big help when trying to get everything lined back up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Rawze , Waterloo , JMBT , gatow900
11-16-2017, (Subject: Poly bushings ) 
(11-15-2017 )ZeroNthedark Wrote:  This doesn't address original question from dhirocz, but as far as rear bars, this is what I went with.

Didn't want to take a day, or maybe two, off to get originals replaced, so these were good as I could assemble them as time allowed. Price is similar to OE, maybe a little less. Don't know about longevity as they've only been on a month or so, but they do take a beating because I have a rubber block suspension.

The ball-and-socket design is nice for being able to rotate, a big help when trying to get everything lined back up.

Those are what I used when I replaced my OEM ones, the "standard straddle ball, both ends" but they actually had correct length bolt in replacements for my Hendrickson Primax suspension. They've been on the truck longer than 3 sets of OEM replacements combined...yeah I wouldn't use anything else again.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze , ZeroNthedark , Waterloo , JMBT
11-16-2017, (Subject: Poly bushings ) 
Hammer- how do like that suspension? I've got the Haulmaxx, and with the great roads here it's a rough day. I believe that Hendrickson offers the Primaxx as a bolt-in replacement and I'm seriously considering doing it.
replyreply
11-17-2017, (Subject: Poly bushings ) 
(11-16-2017 )ZeroNthedark Wrote:  Hammer- how do like that suspension? I've got the Haulmaxx, and with the great roads here it's a rough day. I believe that Hendrickson offers the Primaxx as a bolt-in replacement and I'm seriously considering doing it.

IMHO the Primax doesn't ride as well as the Neway, but then again the Neway's I've drove aren't setback front axles, so not really a fair comparison.
It rides better than the KW 8 bag in the otherwise exact same truck.
I find it quite stable, even with really abnoxious loads. The Neway's that I thought are more stable also have right and left side leveling valves, so that isn't a fair comparison because I did that to an old Pete with Air-Trac and the change was noticeable.

Here is the two things I cannot stress enough about the Primax

1) It is a true 4 link suspension. 4 links build traction under torque by their very design, if you do any off-road, traction issue type of work, this is a major advantage. I have been in shi#t that I can't believe I made it through with this truck that I know my previous trucks would not have done.
2) If you do multi-axle work and have to "drop your jeep and chain up" frequently, it can be an expensive suspension to maintain. That's why I kept shifting the OEM style tie rods, ugly work loads/conditions with 70k on the drives...these "ball" type just take it.

I would really like to try a Neway suspension truck spec'd the same as this one to see if it really is the back end or the front end that makes the difference on the ones I've drove...

Short version, I love its traction ability, I'm not sure if I'm just delusional about the ride part, because it's never been a "true comparison".

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ZeroNthedark
11-17-2017, (Subject: Poly bushings ) 
(11-15-2017 )ZeroNthedark Wrote:  This doesn't address original question from dhirocz, but as far as rear bars, this is what I went with.

Where did you get these?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.