Volvo Front Leaf Springs
11-16-2017, (Subject: Volvo Front Leaf Springs ) 
Volvo Front Leaf Springs
So, I'm starting to get the clunking noise when turning the wheel back and forth or making corners. Using information from this great site, I decided to have a shop check out the front shackle joints/bushings. It seems that the bushings/joints need to be replaced.

So, my truck has just over 516,000 miles on it. I run dry van (usually under 30k in the box) and back and forth across Massachusetts. Should I go ahead and replace the front leaf springs as well?

It blows my mind that the leaf spring is just two leafs and is rated for 12,500 pounds. Makes me nervous with some of the bridge joints here in MA.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
11-17-2017, (Subject: Volvo Front Leaf Springs ) 
RE: Volvo Front Leaf Springs
Compare each side to each other, and if one is sagging or the truck leans to one side because of a weaker spring,.. then its time to replace them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: victory26 , Billdozer2
I had that kind of noise you describing on my 09 Volvo. It turned out that bushings were gone bad. I havent replaced any of the spring leafs on my truck and mine had already 900000 on it, they all seem to be good still.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Billdozer2
Thanks guys! I'll probably just get the bushings replaced then.

I checked the springs today and the both look the same. Truck isn't leaning to one side either.

Like I said in my opening, just makes me nervous that there are only two leafs to the spring. And they both are bowed up slightly in the middle where they attach to the axle. But, they have been like that since day one.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.