Cummins ISX 871 two piston air compressor?
11-19-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX 871 two piston air compressor? ) 
Cummins ISX 871 two piston air compressor?
Anyone know the part number of the Twin Piston Air Compressor for the Cummins ISX cm871? It is high CFM output.
replyreply
RE: Cummins ISX 871 two piston air compressor?
I have seen a couple trucks with them but don;t know the part number. Maybe someone will chime in with a part number or engine ser# that has one.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
WABCO #9115150210 Is what your after I think. 37.1 CFM
replyreply
 Thanks given by: yamajason
(11-19-2017 )yamajason Wrote:  Anyone know the part number of the Twin Piston Air Compressor for the Cummins ISX cm871? It is high CFM output.

ESN: 79344752
I have it on my engine from factory.
It comes complete...with sticker shock and all!
You have been warned!
Iirc, the last time I priced it out it was well over CA$5,000 and I think US$4,200 was what Vegas KW quoted me. That was a year or so ago.

If you are retrofitting, be aware you will need to re-plumb the teflon inserted stainless braided line to a much larger diameter or it will melt your little one! I doubt the OEM air dryer can handle the CFM as well. It's not just a simple bolt on upgrade part.

If you are not pulling trailer combinations with more than 6-7 air tanks, it's not really something that is needed. I have 10 trailer air tanks and QR-1 valves on all my suspensions to control bounce, so it's something I need.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nilao , fargonaz , yamajason , Roysbigtoys , Signature620 , JMBT , Dd614
Stickers shock. Rofl. I've seen them around $2500 used lol
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , yamajason
(11-19-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  Stickers shock. Rofl. I've seen them around $2500 used lol

That's what it cost me to do the head on one...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: yamajason
11-20-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX 871 two piston air compressor? ) 
Not a cheap upgrade at all. You need a new inlet pipe, new or modified discharge line, shortened governor lines (if governor isnt mounted elsewhere), new rear coolant line, new power steering pump lines & usually re-route some wiring.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , yamajason , JMBT
Thanks for the info. Looking to be able to run air tools from the truck. Maybe I will consider PTO Air Compressor, anybody have experience with that?
replyreply
Do you want to run them constantly or just for repairs on the side of the road? I would consider mounting an air tank somewhere with a tap so you can fill it up and isolate it from the system.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.