Tesla Semi Truck
11-20-2017, (Subject: Tesla Semi Truck ) 
Tesla Semi Truck
Just came across this video. I'm curious what everyone thinks. How it will effect trucking, dependability of the truck, etc. https://youtu.be/5n9xafjynJA
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
RE: Tesla Semi Truck
So many unknowns. Who is going to bear the cost of placing the charging stations in every truck stop in every slot because we all know even if you dedicate 5 to electric only vehicles drivers are still going to park in them thus the need to electrify every spot. What happens when swift backs over the charging station? Who is going to be trained to repair these out in the field? What is the battery life? What is the cost of replacement? We all know how the prius batteries only last 4 years at a cost of over 4k to replace one. So many unproven concepts here. Might be viable as a local delivery truck but I wouldn't trust it in a otr scenario.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , fargonaz , gatow900 , Waterloo , snailexpress
I agree, I'm wondering if tax payer money will go to subsidize some of this technology. I laughed hard with your Swift backing into the charging station comment.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Waterloo , snailexpress
I would imagine so. And if the government get a into it it will be doomed to fail. The government has a terrific failure rate in picking businesses to invest in. Wasn't shorepower a government sponsored venture? How about idleair? Then we had park n view a decade ago that went bankrupt.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , Waterloo
The electric truck is their local truck they are also going to make a hydrogen fuel cell electric trucks called Nikola one and Nikola two these are their long haul trucks this is a copy from the web site of the specs

Nikola One

100% ZERO EMISSIONS
HYDROGEN POWERED
800 - 1,200 MILE RANGE
15 MINUTE REFILL TIME
NEVER PLUG IN
100% ELECTRIC DRIVE
THE END OF DIESEL ENGINES
1/2 THE OPERATING COST COMPARED TO DIESEL
2,000 FT. LBS TORQUE
1,000 HORSEPOWER
320 kWh BATTERY
1 MILLION MILES FREE* HYDROGEN FUEL
REGENERATIVE BRAKING
NO COMPETITION
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , fargonaz , PuroCumminsPower , gatow900 , Waterloo
Not even remotely worried about it yet. Yes, we have the technology, but we don't have the experience in putting it all together and making it work as intended.

The slightest algorithm missed here could mean somebody dies that day. I hate to say it, but I'd put my money on that well before I'll worried about being replaced by a machine.

It's a cute idea. I don't think we are far enough along to incorporate it well, so all I can say is, be ready for the learning curve.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , Waterloo
Ya but who will be able to '' demandate '' it so it's not able to leave you stranded on the side of the road with ..............who knows what? Surely there will be something on it that the driver can hack like, over temp's, on something. Wait a min, there is no driver and there are no emissions. Dang !!!!!!!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , gatow900
11-21-2017, (Subject: Tesla Semi Truck ) 
Swift backing over the charging station, LMAO!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
11-21-2017, (Subject: Tesla Semi Truck ) 
- Besides the Drug-Addict announcer that was high on something what he was giving the presentation, I think they missed one HUGE important thing in its design...

- The ability to stop somewhere and simply swap power-packs on the fly. Why have to wait for charging when you can just swap it out at a re-fill station and go again?. -- Or am I the only one who has this kind of Duuuh!, why did they not consider that ... thinking?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo , Sergiu , iceman , RustyWood , PuroCumminsPower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.