Tesla Semi Truck
12-10-2017, (Subject: Tesla Semi Truck ) 
RE: Tesla Semi Truck
(12-08-2017 )Magard Wrote:  Another thing not mentioned. How are they going to tax the electricity that we can’t produce in the first place. Look at all the road tax and sales tax on fuel the government makes. I would bet the government would be hurt in short order if they lost all this revenue. How much do you think electric bills will be in every house hold across America if they try this ignorant plan. I tell you our leaders are are freaking brilliant. I can’t believe this is what we’ve come too. Bing ruled by freaking morons. Unbelievable.....

The IFTA system all ready in place keeps track of the miles a truck runs in each state and how much is due. Carriers would just write a quarterly check. Electric cars are the ones getting a free ride on public roads. Eventually something very similar to IFTA will have to be enacted for four wheelers. Likely it will use GPS, which privacy activists won’t be too happy about.

I was at the Tesla plant hauling cars In the early days. Deadheaded there laughing my ass off at what a joke they would be, I’m a hard core big block V8 guy. Three hours later I was going all in on their stock. Sent a text to everyone in my friends list recommending they do the same, most didn’t listen. I still get free dinners and beer from the ones that did.

If they can convert me they can convert anyone. I have zero interest in saving the penguins. I’m a performance guy. I just like the fact that my wife’s 7 passenger SUV can destroy the local Aerosmith drummers purple Aventador. I recommend anyone that has their doubts visit a service center and get an extended three day test drive. Waiting list is usually about a month, borrow a P100D. You’d think virtually silent 10 second quarter mile blasts would get old, they don’t. 8 year unlimited mile drive train warranty! You ain’t getting that on a Lambo.

In regards to the semi though, performance just isn’t a priority. You think Swift has any interest in shaving forty five freakin seconds off a 80k lb vehicles 0-60 time? They accelerate quicker than current trucks can panick stop. Load shift anyone? Freight claim maybe? Not to mention that just optioning a 6x2 with a ISX shortens drive tire life nearly 50%. No tire will be able to last with that level of instant torque. So they have a software “chill mode” that all those company trucks will be locked in to wipe the perpetual smiles off driver faces. Speaking of drivers, make no mistake whatsoever, the goal of this truck is absolutely to eliminate that weakest and most expensive link in the transportation chain. Any savings on fuel or hypothetical benefits to the planet are distant concerns.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rig Wrench , fargonaz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - Nilao - 11-20-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - DUKE58 - 11-22-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - Rawze - 11-22-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - Nilao - 11-20-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - dhirocz - 11-20-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - Rawze - 11-21-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - dhirocz - 11-21-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - Magard - 12-08-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - Texasdude74 - 12-10-2017
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - Rawze - 12-09-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - Magard - 12-10-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - Rawze - 12-13-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - Rawze - 12-10-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - kryten - 12-19-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - Rawze - 12-19-2017,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - tree98 - 09-10-2020,
RE: Tesla Semi Truck - wildpib - 09-11-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.