Ecm replacement...
11-22-2017, (Subject: Ecm replacement... ) 
RE: Ecm replacement...
(11-21-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(11-21-2017 )Kid Rock Wrote:  I have a friend I'm going to link up with and try to get to the bottom of his J1939/ no primer pump/ SAS signal issue. His truck currently won't start, it will turn over but not start.

I have Insite, all sorts of adapters to plug into the ECM and etc... but if we can't find a problem in the wiring, and all the relays and fuses check out... it could be a faulty ecm

So since I have insite, wouldn't there be a way for me to load the the program back into the ecm?

I talked to a programmer guy in AR today and he said MM stood for "Mad Money"... I couldn't do anything but laugh... but he was like "if you have insite why are you calling me, you can load the file yourself"... ?
I;m sure 999.999% the problem is not ECM.
Connect Insite to check sensors readings and sensor power supply.
What is the fuel actuator position commanded/measured
Fuel actuator current commanded/ measured
Crank engine for some is any fuel pressure in fuel rail.
At same time dig out of internet electrical circuits diagram for this truck. Trace down all modules involved in primer pump/ fuel actuator power.wire connections and plugs from engine compartment to inside the cab. Power and grounding !!!!!!!!!!
With Insite as I know you can download ECM with new calibration from Incal if you have Calibration counts open.
Good to check truck with Cummins fault viewer for more detailed info what is wrong with 1939.

Ten four, thanks for that leg to stand on. He has a 2250, so I know there is a $80 relay that takes the ecm signal to the primer. That's one of my points of suspicion. Hope to figure this one out. Thanks!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Ecm replacement... - Kid Rock - 11-21-2017,
RE: Ecm replacement... - Kid Rock - 11-22-2017
RE: Ecm replacement... - Rawze - 11-22-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.